News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yet another NKVD Badge

I'll never be able to afford one of the distinguished employee badge, but I did find small group about a year ago, with the 70th anniv MVD egg, 70th anniv KGB comm?morative badge for guests to the Kremlin Gala (with doc) and the 70th anniv KGB table medal (with doc) in the original box. And not expensive at all, badly listed on ebay, seller is a postcard dealer :D

Jan, beautiful badge and nice to hear about someone getting a bargain! I think that's still possible and it is what keeps me searching!

Gerd, I've been staring at Igor's SMERSH Group for a long time..... big money, but man... what a spectacular group!

Rusty, I agree.... quality costs and unfortunately for me I have always been one of those 1 really good piece as opposed to a dozen in so-so condition. Groups are a whole other issue though... if it's there, and it's complete... well, that's another story in my eyes!

Ed, I like the steeped in history thing as well........ but I still try to defer to quality, usually equally balanced with rarity/obscurity...... One rar, beat to heck by the owner item will always get my attention!!

Thanks guys, I'm enjoying the discussion!

I had a Storm TotalScan that I just replaced. I used to do the "empty" background too, with the lid up... what I found though was for some reason, it made huge (KB) scans. I now have a brand new HP "All in one"... takes nice pictures, etc. but it vibrates just enough to tilt a piece before the photo comes in. Very frustrating to work with.