News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Venture into The Hungarian Order of Merit

Darn@#! it!!! :speechless1:

When did YOU....get collecting these?

I thought I was safe!

You now own one more of the stars than I do. Those didn't come from Lowell did they?

Yeah-Charles turned me on to this country as well. Two enormous plastic bins later the stuff still keeps coming! :whistle:

Welcome to Hungary Stogie! :beer:

I just noticed that the ribbon bar for the silver grade looked a little funny - its the ribbon for the post 1963 15 year service medal. I also just checked my ribbon bin and I dont have a correct one for you either.... :(

Jeff - no one is safe anymore... now if only more of the Rakosi uniforms would come to the USA market....

Edited by hunyadi

• 1 month later...

OK, Greetings & well wishes to Charles from Rick Research! As well as some spiffy new scans that were requested awhile back. (My apologies for the delay... no point in me attempting to mimic the master's skills)

Front & back of Bronze Grade Case:

• 1 year later...

Well, I continue to search for the higher grades of this order, preferably cased. I've had no luck on the net. Can anyone recommend a reliable source anywhere on the net?

(I know about the set Igor has..... but the price!)

I also have this "Klein Dekoration" of the First Class Grade on a bar:

Dear Stogieman,

This is an excellent bar and many thanks for sharing the picture with us. I am sorry, but I think that this is the Klein Dekoration of the Second Grade and not that of the First Grade. Here is a picture of all Fifth Grades, I mean the four Klein Dekorations for First to Fourth Grades and the Fifth Grade itself:

mnk-5-fokok-jel-g_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.j

Regards,

cimbineus

Hi Jeff, I negotiated a price off eBay awhile back. It was originally posted in the Romanian Forum as I was hoping the numbered order could be researched. never did get an answer on that question. Thought it was time to add it to this thread so all my examples were in the same place!