News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

LW - Erdkampf Abzeichen documents

Hello,

Please post in this thread all kind of variants for the award document from the Luftwaffe Erdkampf Abzeichen.

I have found and seen a rather large difference in these documents and so far we have not seen many appear over here.

Let me kick of with a very nice one (IMHO :blush: ), this document is actually size : DIN A4 and is a so called "Frontfertigung". This document is from a former Glider pilot (who did receive his first points to earn this award in the Cholm encerclement, etc ... ) .

I have only encountered this type with another glider pilot from the very same unit, at that time :

3. Go. / Schleppgruppe 2

feel free to post :jumping:

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 1 year later...

A very late award to an FJ-Oberfeldwebel who had been fighting with Kampfgruppe Kratzert in the Metz area, where he was wounded in September 1944. His wound badge document is also posted in the relevant thread. The document is signed by Generalmajor Barenthin as commander of the Fallschirmj?ger-Ausbildungs- und Ersatzdivision.

This is the list of engagements which resulted in the award.