News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK,case and box

Joe-absolutely correct-the EK was never worn.Steve-It's a bit quite at the EK front.....Nothing spectacular-except an 1914 LDO L/10 screwback in the LDO case.And some bits and pieces.But back to the set.....no one has had a closer look at the box? And the case? :beer:

Micha

If you have a look at the card box-the material isn't the usual card as used for all prussian awards.It's a kind of crepe card.Much more fragile than the regular ones.I haven't seen much of them the last few years.

So there is just one kind of EK case that would fit the crepe box....the thick black one with the white rim in the top.Also not very common.There's another thicker variation(a whine red one),but it's not thick enough to fit perfect!

Micha

So there is just one kind of EK case that would fit the crepe box....the thick black one with the white rim in the top.Also not very common.There's another thicker variation(a whine red one),but it's not thick enough to fit perfect! For comparison(left to right)-standard brown one,thick red one and the black one with the white rim in the top.

Micha

• 1 month later...
    • 2 years later...

To bring this old thread back to live......as I've seen just 4 or 5 of these cardboxes before-has anyone here a piece like this in his collection?

Mica

@Trevor-the reverse is "textbook" "Fr" like-I will try to get some pictures this week