News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What about this miniature ribbon with verdienstkreuz (missing) 1897, 1870 with Paris, Metz and ???

I cant find the last medal ? Is it some sort of regiment order? Looks like Oldenburg colour on the ribbon ?

Anyone have any clues

christer

Edited by christerd

What about this miniature ribbon with verdienstkreuz (missing) 1897, 1870 with Paris, Metz and ???

I cant find the last medal ? Is it some sort of regiment order? Looks like Oldenburg colour on the ribbon ?

Anyone have any clues

christer

Shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement mini Prussian War Aid Cross. I would think it easier than if you were missing the Oldenburg one. AND, if you were missing the order, you wouldn't have known it was PFL w/ CROWN.

Very nice little set to an (Oldenburg?) officer who was in the 1870-71 war, was still in the army in 1897 and provided service in wwi.

Don`t think it was an officer.... the 70/71 medal and the Centenarmedal just say that he was active part of the war 1870/71 - not that he was in duty 1897 (just alive) or that he was an officer....and for shure he was no active soldier in ww1 - the Oldenburg order is a peacetime or CIVILIAN order and was probably received from his home state as an old civilian , same with the war aid cross (1916+) that he could have got as a factory owner , wood owner , teacher or every other profession that may have been important in aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyy way for the war 1914-18 (or maybe he had some money left.... :whistle: )

Great one!

Couldn´t be the missing decoration a Prussian Crown Order 4th or 3rd class "am Erinnerungsband" with or without the Red Cross?

Thought the same initially. Do they come combined with combattant KDM? I'm not sure, think I've seen them yet only(?) with steel medals...

(but actually, if awarded to military doctors they should come like this)

Don`t think it was an officer.... the 70/71 medal and the Centenarmedal just say that he was active part of the war 1870/71 - not that he was in duty 1897 (just alive) or that he was an officer....and for shure he was no active soldier in ww1 - the Oldenburg order is a peacetime or CIVILIAN order and was probably received from his home state as an old civilian , same with the war aid cross (1916+) that he could have got as a factory owner , wood owner , teacher or every other profession that may have been important in aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyy way for the war 1914-18 (or maybe he had some money left.... :whistle: )

You're right Heiko. And a noticeably missing LS cross doesn't suggest a long-time serving officer either. I was just dazzled by that enameled PFL with crown and I jumped to that conclusion. I should have said that he was a "gentleman". Because if he wasn't a military officer, he certainly was some kind of goverment official or minor royalty.

Thanks for all your answers :cheers:

Does anyone know how many of the Oldenburg PFL w Crowns that where awarded ?

And what class do it represent ?

What I can find on the Net, the Order had 7 classes

Grand Cross w Crown

Grand Cross

Grand Commmander

Commander

Officer ( No crown )

Knight 1

Knight 2 (no Crown)

The question is how many classes where awarded w Crown ? :unsure:

I really like theese minis, so much work on that tiny piece :love:

Christer

Edited by christerd

The question is how many classes where awarded w Crown ? unsure.gif

Christer

The 2nd Class Knight was awarded with crown from 1860 to 1918 and without crown from 1906 to 1918. This example appears to be a 2nd Class Knight with Crown. Beyreiss shows 1,234 awards of this grade from 1860 to 1918.

Another possibility for the missing decoration?

Yup. I forgot to mention that speechless.gif

@ Sascha

There are a few officers and medical officers in the Prussian Ordensliste of 1877 with the KO3 or KO4 with or without Red Cross on the here discussed ribbon (Erinnerungsband). Therefore there is a possibility of a combination of these Orders and a combattant KDM 1870. But you are right, that the combination of these orders with a noncombattant KDM 1870 is more likely and common.

Regards, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur