News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I happy to finally have added an Order of the October Revolution to my collection with this small group to Nikolai Ivanovich Shuverov.

Order of the October Revolution #87,840 - 16.3.81

Order of the Badge of Honor #951,876 - 12.12.73

Order of the Patriotic War 2nd Class 1985 #5,791,591 - 1985

Unfortunately, I have no information about the recipient except that he was a veteran of WW2 (as indicated by the OGPW). I don't think I can get research either, since the awards are non-military (the OGPW doesn't count because it is 1985 issue).

Alex

The awards are indeed non-military and the 2nd Class OPW indicates that he didn't receive any bravery awards, so there are probably no documents for him in the archives.

I looked after his name and he has most likely no military awards till beginning 1943.

As he has a second class OGPW-1985, he has no wartime 1st or 2nd class OGPW, but he could have a late Red Star, Bravery Medal or military merit medal.

But it´s a nice group :cheers: , you do not see Oktober Revolution awards so often in a group, mostly separate sold.

best regards

Andreas

Edited by Alfred

But it´s a nice group :cheers: , you do not see Oktober Revolution awards so often in a group, mostly separate sold.

Thanks! That's why I jumped on it when I had the chance.

Thanks for your thoughts on research, Auke and Andreas. I don't think I will try it. There is not much of a chance of results, and I have other awards still to research.

:cheers:

-Alex

• 3 weeks later...