News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The “Black Bird”—No, NOT The Maltese Falcon!

I don’t get Off Island much, but luckily (for all of us) such is the renown of my Magic Epson that many (many) rare and exotic treasures not oft beheld by the eyes of mere mortals such as we are brought by to visit. Briefly. Sigh! Thanks to my also-offline friends in the collective Traveling Museum,

Oh, where to start, where to start????

Half of the Black Eagle Order of Prussia.

Sash badge and sash, as much as could fit and even then, reduced to be postable—

Not being a “sash class” collector myself, I was amazed at how gossamer thin this one is. There are buttonholes sewn in the ends where it was fastened (I always wondered what kept one from slithering around) up under some massive shoulder board.

Here’s the massive star:

Unfortunately could not scan both in the same image without reducing both to a size for posting here that did not do justice to them.

Closeup of the sash badge, with far more accurate color of that tawny sash

Finally, closeup of the center of the star center

Once again thanks to the Collective Entity which ARE the Traveling Museum, and to Paul for posting this. Rick Research

Ricky talking through Paul makes it feel like communicating through a wee gee board......

Get satellite darn it. They have internet on those too.