News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen,

As you will see form the pictures there is no Hanseatic Cross ribbons on this one....but sometimes one has to branch out. :shame::D Ribbons, devices etc are all good and look period. I would like a little help with my analysis of this new ribbon bar...i could be completely on the wrong track. :blush:

I think he was most likely an Army Officer (which rank i do not know) given the combination (haven't seen many Zahringer Lions on Naval ribbon bars) He did serve in WW2 hence the KVKx but perhaps received it in a "desk-job" capacity? Not sure if this one can be identified given the shortage of Imperial awards...but regardless of that, i think it it a great little ribbon bar. If it could that would be the icing on the cake for me. :cheers:

Combination of awards:

Iron Cross 2nd Class

War Merit Cross 2nd Class with swords

Hohenzollern House Order

Baden Orden of Zahringer Lion 2nd Class

Honor Cross 1914-1918

Austrian Commemorative Medal 1914-1918

Army Long service eagle gold 25 Years of service

Army Long service eagle gold 12 Years of service

Hungarian Commemorative Medal 1914-1918

Bulgarian Commemorative Medal 1914-1918

As always i am appreciative of any information given and all comments are welcome. My analysis may be way off. And to those who help never be afraid to let me know if i can ever help them in any way. :beer:

My best

Matt

Edited by M Hunter

Hi Matt,

Very nice ribbon bar. Your analyse is correct. This officer finished the WW1 with grade of second or first Lieutenant. He probably served in the Reichsheer (need to read the RL to find it :rolleyes: )

During WW2, he served, like you said "in a desk job capacity". He was probably Oberstleutnant or Oberst.

On your bar there is only one mistake. It concern the Austrian ribbon which, theoricaly, should be after the long service ribbon. There is no explanation about that choice :banger:

Christophe

Hi Matt,

Very nice ribbon bar. Your analyse is correct. This officer finished the WW1 with grade of second or first Lieutenant. He probably served in the Reichsheer (need to read the RL to find it :rolleyes: )

During WW2, he served, like you said "in a desk job capacity". He was probably Oberstleutnant or Oberst.

On your bar there is only one mistake. It concern the Austrian ribbon which, theoricaly, should be after the long service ribbon. There is no explanation about that choice :banger:

Christophe

Christophe

Thank you for the help. :cheers:

I believe the ribbon bar combination to be correct. This bar was put together during the war (has 1939 KVKx) and usually bars constructed after the 1938 Austrian Anschluss had the Austrian awards bumped up a few places.

Would this chap appear on the Zahringer Lion roles? Would anyone be able to look? :unsure:

Or is the Imperial combination too meagre to search?

Best regards

Matt

Edited by M Hunter

Matt,

I have found 6 officers who in RL 1925 has the following combo : EK2, HHO3X, BZ3bX

- Hauptmann Laule

- Hauptmann von Scheele

- Hauptmann Taschke

- Hauptmann Henn

- Oberleutnant von Gallwitz

- Oberleutnant Graf von Sponeck

I have no RL after 1932 so I can't help you for awards in WW2 :banger:

Christophe

WWII service:

- Hauptmann Laule GL Luft

- Hauptmann von Scheele Army GdI

- Hauptmann Taschke can't find

- Hauptmann Henn can't find

- Oberleutnant von Gallwitz Army GL

- Oberleutnant Graf von Sponeck Army GL

I hope this helps some.

Nice, but unidentifiable bar.

Precedence is right for post-March 1938.

But at least Christophe and Paul have narrowed it down ;) ...my thanks to both of these gents. :beer: I guess it is down to looking at these chaps portraits to see if the ribbon bars match up. :unsure:

Best wishes to all for contributing,

Matt

I also know of Hauptmann Laue, father of an old family friend and adjutant to Eitel-Friedrich von Preussen, of the 1. Garde-Regiment-zu-Fuss, who also had the HOH and BZL combo.

Hello Vince,

Did he serve in the Second World War? Do you know of his other awards for example the KVKx?

Thanks

Matt