News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This is the first time I have seen this medal combination... Does anyone have any ideas to the number of these medals awarded? I love Non combattant awards!!! :jumping:

I think it is more correct to say the first medal is on the civil ribbon which is the most common. To find it on the yellow and red ribbon is hard. If I remember from Dave Danners page there were less than a thousand (744?) on the war ribbon. I wish I could remember these things. Some have the engravers name under the neck. Here is one of my treasures!

I think it is more correct to say the first medal is on the civil ribbon which is the most common. To find it on the yellow and red ribbon is hard. If I remember from Dave Danners page there were less than a thousand (744?) on the war ribbon. I wish I could remember these things. Some have the engravers name under the neck. Here is one of my treasures!

NICE I Like the baden stuff I sold off almost all my bars but about 12 and now time to built back collection !

Sticking to Baden and Saxony pre hindenburg cross mostly looking for 1870 groups

Here one i kept

Bar to Otto Schottgen awarded Baden Military merit medal 11-1-1907 I got this yrs ago the dealer split up all the documents to this bar but i obtained the bar and name!

the typical baden supension bar was removed profesionally My guess at time of mounting it was neatly taken off and standard loop prfensionally applied

I think i am going to get Noncom 1870 group ! I had one before but sold it off My concern was no baden campaign medal ?My guess is he was not france but inside germany and helped with war effort ?

Otto Schottgen Sgt. Imperial german Medical service

Prussian MM Medal 2nd cl. Awarded 20-3-1906 for SWA

Baden Merit medal Awarded 11-1-1907 for SWA

SWA campaign medal in bronze Awarded 16-5-1907

Landwehr LS 3-4-1911

Hamburg Cross Awarded 23-11 1917

EK2 Awarded 26-10-1918

wish i had gotten the docs but !!!

Scott , now that one is a real cracker !!! Great Baden DSWA bar !!!

Back to the beginning.... the Baden medal is on the CIVIL ribbon and the name of the "missing" Baden campaign medal is FELDDIENSTAUSZEICHNUNG (field service award) - I think there are a number of posibilities for a man at home to get this combination

This thin needle looks a very bit homemade... anything glowing? the yellow thread on the back? from the front it looks really good....

Scott , now that one is a real cracker !!! Great Baden DSWA bar !!!

Back to the beginning.... the Baden medal is on the CIVIL ribbon and the name of the "missing" Baden campaign medal is FELDDIENSTAUSZEICHNUNG (field service award) - I think there are a number of posibilities for a man at home to get this combination

This thin needle looks a very bit homemade... anything glowing? the yellow thread on the back? from the front it looks really good....

Hello

Thanks my Baden SWA bar is my favorite ! As to the the beginning bar I don't have it in hand co not able to black lite it!!

Its not really expensive I can get the bar for about value of Baden medal ! The pin does seem a bit homemade ! I am gun shy anymore !!!

taking a chance on this combo its on its way ! Seller says no glow under black lite!

Edited by scottplen