News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Been looking dealer sites looking for a nice bar to buy!!! to rebuild collection

sticking to baden and saxony BUt all i can see is Scary frankenstein bars!!!!43.gif guess its holloween!!!

think its a franken bar ???? what do you guys think??

I took a break from Medal bars for a bit an know i can't believe the junk the dealers are pushing as real !!!

What the hell is happening ???? banger.gifunsure.gif

is there a thread of franken bars ?? should we start one???

Edited by scottplen

not being a collector of Imperial German groups i'm certainly not the one to say for certain its bad but i know it has sat there a long..... time. This one just sold on Ebay but i really don't like the looks of it either. What do other members think?

not being a collector of Imperial German groups i'm certainly not the one to say for certain its bad but i know it has sat there a long..... time. This one just sold on Ebay but i really don't like the looks of it either. What do other members think?

Well...at least the ribbons appear to match the medals. Otherwise I think it's bad.

I wish all the fakes were put together this poorly -it would make spotting them easier.

Complete rubbish!

Only vaguely 1:100,000 possible for some sort of Landwehr Officer Stellvetr. or senior Sanitats NCO/ Arzt/rear echelon wonder-genius who entered as a war volunteer. Some people WERE like this, but not many. I have photos of OfficerStlvtrs. in Poland in 1917 engaged in ordinance clearance who have -almost-this sort of medal combination (minus about 3 medals). BUT, a Bavarian MVKx3cr. WITH an Austrian officer's MVK?........REALLY, REALLY, really, really unlikely.

First medal bar is likely a good one, but medals wrong replaced. Last ribbon is for Bavarian Luitpold medal, and the bar would make much more sense with this, plus a MVK instead of the MVO.

An officer Bavarian, then EM Hess, EM Baden... :speechless::violent:

EM Hess? This medal was awarded to all ranks, I even got a document for a General. ;)

First medal bar is likely a good one, but medals wrong replaced. Last ribbon is for Bavarian Luitpold medal, and the bar would make much more sense with this, plus a MVK instead of the MVO.

EM Hess? This medal was awarded to all ranks, I even got a document for a General. ;)

I understand what you are saying saschaw. You're right. The Hess used this medal for many kinds of merit, including war merit, (just changing the embossed letters on the back). It is my understanding that in order to be eligible to receive it you had to be from Hessen, or served in a Hess unit.

I have had this discussion before; the medal itself gets a dark tarnish. Does anyone know if this is due to the silver content? What is the silver content?

With regards post Number 6:-

The rear of the bar, it was sold out of Australia and the seller has quite a few suspect groups on offer over the last couple of years.

My advice avoid this seller and his offers.

Kevin in Deva. :beer: