News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Hero of The Soviet Union

• Replies 50
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or do some things not look right? The serial number and mint mark on the #2 Red Banner for instance look strange... As does the numerical shield on the #3 Red Banner... As does the serial number on the OPW1... But most of all the serial number of the first Red Star you posted. :unsure:

Is it just me or do some things not look right? The serial number and mint mark on the #2 Red Banner for instance look strange... As does the numerical shield on the #3 Red Banner... As does the serial number on the OPW1... But most of all the serial number of the first Red Star you posted. :unsure:

Hello,

I am not sure it it is the lighting but the white enamel on the Red Banners does not look normal from the photos; unless the enamel were repaired.

v/r

DN

Globin Nikolai Ivanovich - commander of the 525 th Attack Yampolsky-Kremenets Aviation Regiment 227 th Red Banner Berdychiv Attack Air Division 8-th Attack Aviation Corps 8-th Air Army of the 4 th Ukrainian Front, Lieutenant.

Born July 21, 1920 on the farm now Ovdyansky Lebedinsky district of Sumy region of Ukraine to a peasant family. Ukrainian. A member of the CPSU (B) / Communist Party since 1943. Early in the deprived parents went to the Donbas. He graduated from the 8 classes. In 1938 he graduated Yenakiyevo Metallurgical College, and in 1939 - Kherson aviation school. He worked as an instructor pilot Gorlovsky Aeroclub.

In the Red Army in 1940. In 1941 he graduated Voroshilovgrad Military Aviation School of Pilots.

World War II from November 1943. Fought on the 1 st and 4 th Ukrainian Front. In 1944 he was wounded.

Wing Commander 525 th Attack Yampolsky-Kremenets Aviation Regiment (227-I Berdichevskaya Krasnoznamennaya Attack Air Division, 8 th Attack Aviation Corps, 8 th Air Army, 4 th Ukrainian Front) Lieutenant Nick globin by the end of the war has made 100 combat </SPAN>sorties to attack airfields, trains, strong points, clusters of enemy troops and inflicted great losses on the enemy.

Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet on 29 June 1945 for the exemplary performance of command assignments at the front against the Nazis and displaying courage and heroism, the senior lieutenant Nikolai Ivanovich Globina Hero of the Soviet Union and the Order of Lenin and medal "Gold Star "(№ 4221).

After the war, the brave pilot continued service in the Soviet Air Force. In 1949 he graduated from Chernivtsi Teacher's Institute, and in 1975 - Dnepropetrovsk University. From 1961, colonel NI Globin - in stock. Lived in the regional capital of Ukraine - the city of Zaporozhye. Worked in a factory of 50 Years of the USSR head of technical training. Died June 26, 1989.

He was awarded the Order of Lenin, three Orders of the Red Banner, Order of Alexander Nevsky, Orders of the Patriotic War, 1 st degree, three, orders of Red Star and medals

Edited by Tisha

• 1 month later...
    • 5 months later...

There's something odd about his award book:

- it was issues on November 28, 1945 and had only his HSU and Lenin awards filled in initially,

- his other awards were added at later date - see different handwriting, stamped in awards instead of written in and use of different color ink.

But he definitely had his other awards before November 1945, so why didn't they fill in his early awards first and then added HSU/Lenin?

I am sure there's explanation for this, just want to know the logic behind.