News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear fellow ribbon bar fetish! :rolleyes:

Here's a picture coming from my brother's collection... Do you like it? I don't like the placement of the Badisches Band... what could that have been? A VM in Silber? But in this case would have it been only awarded to EM or it is possible that he was promoted to Lt dR during the WW1?

The ribbons seem to be equally aged and also the needle construction seem to be good, apart of a "homemade" repair on the back with the fabric covering the ribbons.

I really appreciate your kind comments! ;)

ciao,

Claudio

post-199-075174900 1288030018_thumb.jpg

Hi

Claudio, again a very nice ribbon bar.

The last two ribbons are Finnish. But about the finnish ribbon, the swords are different than here.

Christophe

Hi Christophe,

I know that the swords on the Finnish cross of liberty looks like that, but you can also immagine that these devices were not easily found in Germany and this officer could have gone for a simplified German version.

Claudio

Odd placing for a (probably) Baden silver merit medal. Maybe he placed it that low as he indeed was promoted to Lt dR and thus ranked it lower than his Leutnant level awards.

Still, a more proper placing would be between the Bavarian and Austrian awards.

If he wasn't, what else should be the Baden ribbon without device?

I think if he started the war as an EM and was promoted to Leutnant dR, this could well happen without getting an EM long service award.

I have to agree on second thought. I get confused sometimes on how the long service was awarded. If he was an EM and went in in 1914 and came out in 1919 he would not have had any long service award. I spoke to Rick about this bar and he said "most odd".