News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pz.Rgt Grossdeutschland Officer Grouping

Thought that I would share this large grouping that has been in my collection for a while now. It consists of 6 citations & one note for a Hauptmann/Major who served with Pz.Rgt 203 and then Pz.Rgt Grossdeutschland. What I particularly liked about this group and was one of the main reasons for buying it is that it contains a whole host of renowned hand signed signatures, including one that is rarely seen unless it is the facsimile version.

To start we have his promotion citation for promotion to Hauptmann in 1939 and is signed by Generalfeldmarschall von Brauchitsch.

post-5995-018832300 1290870169_thumb.jpg

Following on from that we now have his EK II citation which he received while serving with Pz.Rgt 203 and this is my particular favourite of the group as it bears the rarely seen hand signed version of General Brockdorff-Ahlefeldt's signature. His signature is more usually seen as a facsimile on the citations for the Demjanskschild .

post-5995-034872500 1290870681_thumb.jpg

As a major he was then reassigned and this took him to the Panzer Regiment for the Grossdeutschland Panzer-Grenadier Division where he received the Panzer Assault Badge In Silver with the citation bearing the signature of the famed 'Panzer Count', Oberst Hyazinth Graf von Strachwitz.

post-5995-097579200 1290870964_thumb.jpg

Edited by hucks216

And the EK I citation bearing the seemingly obligatory GD signature of Generalleutnant Walter Hoernlein.

Major Fischer's Soldbuch, Driving Instructors Licenses and post-war papers reside in another collection and the owner has kindly shared the scans of them with me (as I have done likewise with these citations) and from the Soldbuch it shows that after leaving GD Major Fischer went on to serve with GD's replacement organisation at Cottbus and also with Technische-Lehrgruppe Panzer-Lehrgaenge 'Tiger'.

post-5995-076507900 1290871464_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...
    • 2 years later...

Recently there has been a development with regards to this grouping in that 4 years after acquiring this citation set the owner of Hermann Fischer's Soldbuch & various licenses emailed me a month ago letting me know that he was letting the group go and gave me first refusal. Needless to say I snapped it up and so I have finally reunited the citations with the Soldbuch & Führerschein after who knows how long apart.

Both the Führerschein & Fahrlehrerschein contain the signature of Knights Cross Diamonds winner Hyazinth Graf von Strachwitz.