News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Slava/Order of Glory 3rd Class low S/N 808

Hey guys,

I got an Order of Glory 3rd Class with the S/N 808 and would love to know if its worth selling?

Its in moderate condition, not polished or anything but it looks alright (at least to a newbie like myself) but unfortunately the ribbon is missing :(

How much do you suppose I could get for this?

Welcome to the club! cheers.gif Best thing to do is post clear pictures (preferably scans) of the obverse and reverse as no one will be able to say much without seeing it. As far as the kolodka (mount) and ribbon that's not a really big deal.

If you want please feel free to email me the pics and I'll post them for you a bit later this evening (gotta get some more sleep before work). My email is: dwatson@daktel.com. I'll check it a bit later, post the pics and we'll see what we can tell you on this one. beer.gif

Dan cheers.gif

post-873-049945500 1291295285_thumb.jpg

I'll await the opinions of others more expert in these but IMHOP nothing is leaping out at me that shouts anything but original. I blew it up on my screen to a very large size and can see no signs of it having been messed with around the serial number, as in removing others in order to put in a smaller number. Unless someone else jumps in and says otherwise I can just say it's one I'd be extremely happy with and proud to have in my own collection. I'd also LOVE to see it researched to see what interesting story might come back. beer.gif

Dan cheers.gif

Also, if I'm correct this is a Type 1 Border Reverse. Please correct me if I'm wrong. According to the Red Bible the highest SN observed at that time was 724 and this of course is just over that. beer.gif

Dan cheers.gif

It's a copy of type 1 Border reverse :whistle:

Yes, very important so we can learn what to look for. Honestly, had this been presented to me for a price I could afford I would have been very sorely tempted and felt it was original. But of course with anything I'm considering that I'm not positive about or don't have sufficient expertise in... I always check in for just this reason. beer.gif

Was extremely sorry to hear this was not the find it appeared to be.angry.gif But also if they look this good, at least to someone like me and as you know I'm not without experience, then I'm very afraid of what else is floating around out there that could so easily fool us.

Also assuming this is a from scratch copy and not one made by altering an original? unsure.gif

Many thanks!

Dan cheers.gif