News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

why, oh why, oh why do people do this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Imperial-German-WWI-Bl...1QQcmdZViewItem

The eagle's mouths are SHUT! NO,NO, NO, NO!!!! :angry:

The "Godet" Marked piece has eagles that ARE NOT GODET! NO> NO< NO!!!! :angry:

There were exactly 3 makers in WW1.

Wagner

Friedlander

Godet

Why do people insist on speculating as opposed to learning. I'm sorry, but there's no sympathy left in my heart for people who insist on buying BAD, FAKE, WRONG pieces of absolute GOUVNA for $3K and counting.

MY GOD PEOPLE!! WHEN WILL THEY LEARN??????????????????

Guest Darrell

What about the top bidder .... had to retract his bid of $30k when he meant $3k. Bet he is glad he caught his error :rolleyes:

Look at some other gems he has sold in the past:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...item=6585808179

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...item=6586047498

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...item=6585848833

Edited by Darrell

It seems to be a consistent trend on Ebay: Bad stuff sells stupidly high while alot of real stuff sells low ( sells low only if you know where to look and are willing to let it go when it reaches market value....unless you REALLY want it!) :blush:

Guest Darrell

US $3,830.00 and it's going to a new Canadian owner who obviously doesn't read posts from this or a couple of other Forums....

Les

Canadian? Says his location is the United States ... :unsure:

Canadian? Says his location is the United States ... :unsure:

Ok...my screwup. The third highest bidder that was lead the pack over the $3000 amount is Canadian. The other two that beat him out are Americans.... (I won't comment on how gullible some of the people living in the same country I'm in are....) java script:emoticon(':off topic:', 'smid_19')

:off topic:

Les

Please note that I have removed Rothe as a WW1 maker. While convential wisdom is that he might have made a few "private purchase" pieces, he was NOT a consistent manufacturer of the award and should be excluded from the list. Thanks to medalnet!

Hi,

Who can buy such fake for the price like that :mad::speechless1: I don't understand. I have a copy of the Plm that my wife has bought for me 8 years ago for 400 francs fran?ais (80$). I love it because my wife makes me this gift. If people has got enough money to buy fake medals, they do what they want with their money. They can cry when they know the true.

Christophe

Guest Brian von Etzel

Some of you who have studied history will recognize who this is if I give a few obscure clues, but I am unable at this time to put his name out in public, I hope you understand. Rick L. knows who this.

Guest Brian von Etzel

Andreas, you can use this on your site for proof of yet another original postwar PlM but please do not reveal the name.

Here he is, now you know, this PlM is a genuine postwar wearer's piece. Worth every penny of 4 or 5 thousand euros.

Rick, as he is a family member, still living, please do not reveal his name. I don't want collectors stalking him.

He will not sell. I am sure however, his widow will definitely sell someday.

Guest Brian von Etzel

He has a very secure security system. This is one collector who doesn't need a bank safety deposit box like most of us.

Meet "Cold Water"

Guest Brian von Etzel

Final clue, here's the ad he put in the paper to meet my aunt.

Follow the instructions, I think there were very similar instructions in the original eBay ad.

Obviously from a family of noble birth, taste and breeding. I hear they made special E Bay Wearer Copies of the PLMs and HHO with Crown and Swords for the Decendants of the original award recipients.

In order of presidence, they are placed right behind the Dale Ernhardt "Intimidator" Memorial Die Struck Medal.