News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Blue piping on a DDR Army uniform

Folks this has me stumped and I would appreciate anyone's help.

Is this medical or transport?

It is not a light blue like the airforce nor is it dark blue like water police. It is a medium blue.

Please see pictures any and all help appreciated.

Regards

Steiner

Steiner,

Your tunic is not DDR. It is Bundeswehr. There are two shades of blue used in the BW and it is difficult to tell from your pictures which branch of the BW Heer this tunic belongs to. The difference in the two shades of blue are small and there is often a dispute on the BDR Forum of the WAF as to which one is pictured.

Regards,

Gordon

Hi Paul,

there are three different blue colours, light, medium and dark blue (hellblau, mittelblau, dunkelblau).

On the picture you can see on the left the light blue for the old 'Quartiermeistertruppe', the next one is medium blue for 'Technische Truppe' (old "Feldzeugtruppe"), the two pieces on the right side are dark blue for "Sanitätstruppe"

Uwe

Edited by speedytop