News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thanks. I thought it was a nice one to share. This is one highly decorated officer. I also see a Civil service Order, an AO, EK I and II and an Austrian Service Cross.

On another subject Stogie, do you know what the Imperial Neck Order is that consists of a large Bronze Circular Disk with a swaz or sunwheel on the obverse?

[attachmentid=23271]

Prussian Leutnant. Iron Cross 1914 2nd class, Sachsen Ernestine House Order, Silesian Eagle Order, Franco-Prussian War service.

The neck order is just a large disc with a swaz.

Christophe, the SEHO is on this officer. The first is wearing the SH Knights Cross, I believe.

Guest Rick Research

Saxon was taken while Oberleutnant & is (Karl Eberhard) Paul von Mayer (written to his 1914-17 orderly, Heinrich Gr?we)

born 18 March 1887 Dresden died 1947 Plauen

F?hnrich 6.12.07

Leutnant 14.8.08

Oberleutnant 16.5.15

Hauptmann 2.8.17

aD 31 March 1920

SA3bX 31.10.14

SV3bX 4.12.15

SH-R 29.10.16

HSH3bX 20.7.15

?M3K

The St Henry-Knight for

Russian attacks that threw back the Austro-Hungarian 55th Infantry Troop Division from the forest of Lysonia, the most important wooded heights along the Brzezany sector in Galicia. RJB 12 was told to retakke that height at all costs. Under the greatest difficulty, thrown into a section of the front for which they had no maps, and completely unfamiliar with the territory, and under severe Russian artillery fire , the Saxon J?gers followed Oberlt v Mayer's example. His personal reconnaissance led through all obstacles, and the position was retaken and held. Oberlt v Mayer was a "shining example... the very archetype of an outstandingly brave officer."

Saxon J?ger Bataillon 12 until October 1914, then Reserve J?ger Baon. 12

Rejoined the army 1 October 1933 (Major (L) (E) date not known to me)

Oberstleutnant (E) 1.3.38 #11

Training Commander Dresden 1.1.37

Training Commander Aussig 1.4.39

Commander Wehrbezirkskommando Hameln 1 May 1939

Commander Landessch?tzen Regiment 1/XI 1 March 1940

Commander Infanterie-Ersatz-Regiment 216 26 June 1940

back as CO WBK Hameln 18 July 1940

Commander Wehrbezirkskommando Plauen 1 March 1941

Oberst 1 August 1941 on the active list, seniority not known see *** below

Commander Infanterie-Ersatz-Regiment 256 25 August 1941

Commander Infanterie Regiment 575 1 June 1942

Commander Security Regiment 3 12 July 1942

Commander Infantry Regiment 108 29 May to 10 December 1943:

GERMAN CROSS IN GOLD 17 July 1943

(*** GAP IN RECORD suggests badly wounded and on inactive list-- NOT in May 1944 seniority list, for below see Keilig, 1958!)

Chief of "Special Staff 'T' " (whatever THAT was) at Army High Command (OKH) 27 December 1944

GENERALMAJOR 20 April 1945 #7

Guest Rick Research

Not skills, just having the right reference books. All the work courtesy of Wolf Keilig (1958) and the late Erhard Roth.

Thanks guys for the great feedback on these photos. To me, they are a logical thing to collect if you collect medals and orders. And there doesn't seem to be quite the competition on photos. I was the only bidder on both of these if you can believe it!

When I figure out how to use the scanner, I'll try to get a close-up of the neck order and the medal bars per request. Be patient. I grew up in the days when pocket calculators were considered high tech.

Saxon was taken while Oberleutnant & is (Karl Eberhard) Paul von Mayer (written to his 1914-17 orderly, Heinrich Gr?we)

GERMAN CROSS IN GOLD 17 July 1943

(*** GAP IN RECORD suggests badly wounded and on inactive list-- NOT in May 1944 seniority list, for below see Keilig, 1958!)

Chief of "Special Staff 'T' " (whatever THAT was) at Army High Command (OKH) 27 December 1944

GENERALMAJOR 20 April 1945 #7

And according to may sources, he got an Army Honor Roll Clasp on 7.1.1944.

• 2 years later...