News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wrong precendence, non-matching devices and a combinations that's hardly believable.

Honestly, I'm not convinced this is a good one. However, it doesn't seem to be a classical "Ohio" fake neither.

I do not like the order of the ribbons on the bar. The Austrian ribbon should be placed at the end and why are there swords 6th place ribbon which looks like a HH. I don't think it is right.

Hello guys,

IMO, this has to be a "superhero" fantasy bar. It does look well-made, though, and seems to be made up with mostly original parts. As everyone has mentioned, the order of precedence is really messed up here. Is that a Mine Rescue ribbon with swords that I see in the fifth position or is that supposed to be a Bulgarian Order of Military Merit????

I do like the 'Kottke' metal tag on the reverse. I was actually surprised to see that on this fantasy bar. I have the same metal assembler tag on a police medal bar. I hope my medal bar is good.

Best regards,

Tom

Here is the medal bar I am referring to:

Oh! And if this was an original ribbon bar, it should be almost instantly identifiable. How many Luftwaffe General-Grade Officers were around during WW2 with over 40 years of service in the military?

Best regards,

Tom

Just another thought here: Is it possible that this ribbon bar was part of a display in a shop where medal and ribbon bars were assembled? Maybe just a random selection of ribbons put together for display purposes?

Best regards,

Tom

Just another thought here: Is it possible that this ribbon bar was part of a display in a shop where medal and ribbon bars were assembled? Maybe just a random selection of ribbons put together for display purposes?

Best regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I would not think so. That would not be very good advertising in my opinion. ;) If a German tailor was going to take the time to make this he would have made it right.

I too think it is made form original parts and therefore would say why would the maker tag be an exception. Your medal bar on the other hand looks 100% good to me.:)

Best wishes

Matt

Hi Tom,

I would not think so. That would not be very good advertising in my opinion. ;) If a German tailor was going to take the time to make this he would have made it right.

I too think it is made form original parts and therefore would say why would the maker tag be an exception. Your medal bar on the other hand looks 100% good to me. :)

Best wishes

Matt

Hey Matt,

You are probably correct here. I was just doing a bit of "free-thinking" in hopes of finding something potentially positive about an otherwise fantasy ribbon bar.

Best regards,

Tom

My biggest concern here is the quality of the '39 spange & the 40 year LS Luft device(s).

Of course that's on top of what others have already stated.

Hello Rick,

I agree! That EK2 Spange looks pretty crude.

Best regards,

Tom