News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgaria Order for Bravery Three Variations of 4th Class 2-nd Grade

Dear Members

I am starting a new topic for this nice Bulgarian Order

Here are three Variations of the 4-th Class 2-nd Grade of the Order First Ferdinand Emmission 1887-1914

First Variation is the Standard Order with Swords

Second one is the so called "Doctors" Variation without swords It is also slightly smaller and slimmer than the Standard Order

Third one is an interesting Variation- with Bourbon Lilly on the top of the cross. It is sligthly bigger then the Standsrd Order and also the enamel is darker. It has also a haractheristic serrated silver edges of the cross It is believed that it was the first Bravery Order given by the new Prince to the officers in the Serbian-Bulgarian War.

Regards

Graf

• 2 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 4 years later...

Hi,

Just wanted to revive this topic which I find interesting as there are several variants of this order.

Here's what I got recently:

photo 1.JPGphoto 3.JPG

As you can see both are not perfect, but I'm really happy to have found them !

The seller of the one without swords told me that the bottom arm has a manifacturing defect.

However I still miss the big lilly one.

new world and Graf Graf, what do you think? Is the big lilly one so rare indeed?

Regards,

Vazov

Vazov,

The thing to watch for the crosses without the swords - make sure the swords were not removed recently. There are some "conversions" out there, sellers trying to get more money by removing the swords and selling awards for 2x the price of normal Bravery crosses.

2nd cross is genuine, just in bad condition.

I agree with New World.

Ask the dealers to show you the side of the crosses. I would not buy if it converted and story made for it

Well done Vazov  It is interesting Order with many Models and variations.

The one with the lilies is not as rare as the one you got even in bad condition If you like it like that is fine many.

Some collectors like you like the way the awards are, other chase the close to mint condition, which may never happened, however they still hope to get them.

Here is the  4th Class 1st Grade of the Order without swords

Picture.jpg

Hi Vazov,

Here is the requested Order I included more pictures from a friend collector -the ones with the blue background

I usually have mine on black background - because i believe makes the details more clear

choose files... Click to choose files

Notice the swords- they are bent. I was told that some owners did this to make the Award  more dramatic I am not sure about that however I did not try to correct  for the risk to break them

Both Orders are with the notched edges on the arms and with free standing swords

009.JPG

008.JPG

lily1.JPG

lily1a.jpg

Edited by Graf