News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help needed on a few items please

Hello, I am hoping to get some help on a few fronts here. I have the following badges and have always been of the mindset that so much WWII stuff is faked that I would only get it from a vet or cheap. These fall into the latter category so I would like to verify the authenticity and if possible get a valuation.

The first up is the E-boat badge marked just like Gordons Peekhaus example in the KM makers thread. Sorry for the poor pics... Thanks for any possible help. Scott.

2790910530105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

2852384510105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

Dear Scott,

To be honest it is near impossible to tell you anything with such bad quality photos. :(

Matt

Agreed, and thanks to my wife and her steady hand, here are some better pics. Scott.

2922006860105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

2180252970105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

2301144940105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

Hi Scott,

from this second set of images it looks like you have a good zinc second pattern Schwerin S-Boat badge .

The finish,maker mark and overall appearance of the badge look good to me.

It is one of the variants with the cut out swastika and flag.

Nice badge.

Could you post an image of the reverse with the pin down secured into the catch??

Many thanks,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

Hi Scott,

from this second set of images it looks like you have a good zinc second pattern Schwerin S-Boat badge .

The finish,maker mark and overall appearance of the badge look good to me.

It is one of the variants with the cut out swastika and flag.

Nice badge.

Could you post an image of the reverse with the pin down secured into the catch??

Many thanks,Martin.

Thanks for the info Martin, here is the picture you requested of the pin and catch. Any idea as to the average value of one of these? Thanks again for the help, Scott.

2364430440105252184S600x600Q85.jpg

Yes looks like a good one to me; a nice 2nd model badge. I have checked the Nimmergut price guide (2010) and it is listed at €420. Going by the photos I can see that yours has lost a lot of the finish so maybe a little less than that.

Best wishes

Matt