News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Good afternoon gents, this arrived today. I am wondering how best to describe it for my records. The seller has described it as a Regimental Commemorative Cross of the German Army. Would this have been a post-WWI private purchase veterans piece? Could anyone give me the correct German name for this piece please? Thanks!

Edited by Troy Tempest

Hello!

It´s nice one! By the way, the unit is the Fußartillerie-Bataillon Nr.110. The bataillon was set up by the Fußartillerie-Regiment Nr.5 and was later under command of the Fußart.Rgt.25 and at the end of war under command of the 18.army.

Armed with:

1. long howitzer 13

2. long howitzer 13

3. heavy fied-howitzer 02

• 10 months later...

A belated thanks one and all for your advice! Since my original post, I have purchased Jörg Nimmergut's Abzeichen und Aszeichnungen Deutscher Kriegervereine 1800-1943, and it's great! However, there is no listing for the FUSS ART. 110 Regimentsspangen in the 50 that he has in his book. Would this be a case of he just hasn't or can't list every single Regimentsspangen? Also, most of these examples shown in his book have the blue/black/red/black/blue ribbon, like mine, but one has a blue/yellow/red/yellow/blue ribbon, is there any reason for this? The Marine version has an EK ribbon, by the look of it, and another has an all blue, with yet another having a green/yellow/red/yellow/green ribbon. Would these different ribbons reflect the owners region or something else that is different to the more common blue/black/red/black/blue ribbon?