News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bavarian Litewka : See what I see?

I am picking up a Bavarian dark Blue Leutnant Litewka next month.

My understanding... these were worn up until 1916?

If I was to display it... what would I need to complete it? Lets say a Leutnant on leave, behind the front, going courting, at the Hoffbrauhaus, walking his dog in January 1916...

I hean head gear, sword, belt, probable awards etc. etc...

Thanks

Chris

That's a coincidence. The Kaiser's Bunker (Tony) just got one too, but an Offizierstellvertreter. I guess they bent the rules a bit and let this rank wear them too.

Supposedly, the unique Bavarian Litewka was replaced in 1916 with the introduction (to the Bavarians) of the Kleiner Rock, which then became the universal Litewka for officers. My guess is that they could wear any of the other pieces of clothing that they normally wore for undress, so, gray trousers, feldgrau visored cap, shoes rather than boots and a sword are possible.

Chip

From the book by Verlag. We all know the book because its a super source for beautiful uniforms and headgear.

The general is wearing this tunic with two pockets so I' sure lots a variants exist.

One would assume members would have a plethora of photographs to share.

Edited by ccj

• 3 weeks later...

Here's Graf von Bothmer and Ritter von Hemmer in 1917.

Bothmer is wearing a Litewka ( field gray or blue) and Hemmer is wearing a 1916 bluse. So, the Litewka was most likely worn until war's end.

(Hemmer awarded PlM 1917)

• 2 years later...
    • 6 years later...
    • 1 month later...