News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

An Excellent Group of Artilleryman

That's a different sub-variation, just compare the serial numbers. Plus, even #53764 has much sharper edges.

Compare the star above to this one of mine. Identical serial number and mint mark style, but mine has much sharper edges.

Only at reverse rays look not so sharp (as compared to 53764)

I think this is because of lot of wearing that this 81656 had.

But your star indeed had sharper rays, but then again it is in mint condition ;)

All these stars are from one huge Moscow mint bunch 45xxxx-264xxx.

In addition to the wear, slight variations of sharpness could be possible ... No? :)

To tell you the truth - I didn't even noticed this fact (blunt rays), because the medallion looks right (for this thousand), mint mark and number look all-right too ... As for the wear - we are missing enamel from one ray (and patina looks pretty nice + enamel is missing on the "right ray" i.e. the ray that is nearest to OGPW - possible cause of this "no more enamel" situation) + pretty "bold" details of the red army man + there are small enamel chips on the other rays (12 o'clock for example and lower rays are in the shade).

If someone doctored this star, then I hang my head before him :)

• 7 months later...