News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gents

Bought these a few weeks ago and have utterly failed to find anything on the movements of Regt 161. Obviously spent time on the Somme but a few more details would be nice.

Bar awarded to Rudolf Contzen of Koblenz, mostly made up of post war additions I believe. The honour cross is mounted within a hardcovered folder along with some award certs (no EK2 award doc though). No idea why the honour cross wasn't mounted on the bar other than he probably had the bar made up before he received the honour cross in 1935 (the other award certs are dated 1929).

The other certificates that are in a sort of concertina slip case behind the honour cross certificate. There's also a map of Koblenz when it was spelled with a 'C' which puts it around 1909 and shows mostly military buildings. Rudolf was an installer of plumbing (fitted toilets or laying pipes?)

Edited by Spasm

Lastly the impressed manufacturer of the plastic folder - Fr. Wilh. Ruhfus. Dortmund D.R.G.M. D.R.P.a. and the back of the medal bar showing the Koblenz medal mounter.

• 1 year later...

Gents

A bit of help please.

A GMIC member is interested in buying the above bar, folder and certs. I think I remember how much I paid but cannot honestly say whether I got it cheap or whether I had my trousers pulled down. (I always seemed to pay for the wrong thing a couple of years ago - remember the EK1 that really binned me).

Can anyone let me know the value of the above bar, folder and paperwork. PM me or on here if you like so that I can give the member an honest value.

Thanks in advance