News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I like both of them, but I also like this.

These are all great bars! All of the them are solid and have something to say about their recipients.

If you'll permit me, starting from the top...

The first medal bar is only four awards but has the very uncommon Order of the FJ on it, framed by three other decorations. There is a HK and Hungarian's war commemorative, but not Austria.

The next bar has, not one, but two Reuss hanging from swords!! And they are flipped to show the backs and not the royal ciphers. A HK and a Silesian Eagle on the end. This gentleman was proud of his service during the war, and some after the war, but was conscience of "imperialness" of his medals. It's no accident that the Reuss are turned, likely to downplay the royal initials, because so is the EK2!

The next bar is seven decorations from four states/countries and a real mingling of two different eras (IMO). The Mecklenburg behind the EK2 followed by the Austrian MMC. The HK is arguably a TR decoration and it is right next to the TR’s Red Cross medal. Followed by the Prussian Crown medal (a small favorite of mine). The Crown medal wasn't awarded much during WWI. It would appear that he had service; pre-WWI, during WWI and into TR with the Red Cross.

Last here is the four medal bar with two Lippes. It’s always nice to the War Cross, but the verdienst medal with swords is a real nice addition (IMO).

Thank you all for posting them here.