News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Red Star- recent Addition :)

I can't be happier, this year's Ottawa Military Show was fantastic :D So many cool vendors, lots of items and I was fortunate to pick this up, did I strike out or get a home run ? :D I think it looks great :) Thank you so much to Aurelius and the rest of the forum here for the help and guidance, as soon as I get some things settled It'll be off to the "Aukinator" for research :D

If you guys want to see the full pictures of the show I posted it in the lounge, here:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/58318-ottawa-military-heritage-show-2013/#entry542567

Heres the Order of the Red Star :)

DSCN7171_zps8e564ac9.jpg

I can't make out the number

DSCN7172_zpsf52094d0.jpg

Closer:

DSCN7173_zps278a69d4.jpg

It looks like 1 649 776 for the serial which would make it possibly a "real award" from 1944-1945

Thanks all for checking in :)

Regards,

Igor

Seems to be 1649996. Nice addition! Glad there were some nice goodies at the show! Militaria shows over here are almost never worth visiting...

999 is even better (maybe even 777 not sure :S) :D Thanks Auke for taking a look :) I'll have to play around with the zoom and camera to see if theres a loop in the lettering for the serial. :)

Thanks all for the comments :) I'll trust Aukinator (because you know, we'll all "Be back" for his archival research again and again :D)

I really love the serial 1649996 and it makes it that much sweeter of a pick up :)

Thank you Auke and Norm for your help and support :D:) I'm still riding the high from today :D

That is a beautiful star. Are you researching it?

I'll definatley do some research for her :D Just as soon as I switch my current banking provider, havn't really been satisfied with the one were using now :(

Its like Lays chips for research, once your try one, bet you can't research just one :D hehehe :)

Theres also something like looks like a small circle in one corner of the star, I'll try to post a better picture tomorrow, could this be a mark ?

Edited by Rogi

Research can be really addicting... KGB agent, submariner, general, sniper, who really knows until you do the research. You are right... it can be totally addicting.

In regard to that mark, I cannot tell by looking at the photo. Please do post a close up, if you get a chance.