News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Russian-Soviet-Order-group-with-document-Suvorov-Khmelnitsky-Nevsky-Red-banner/200923056410?_trksid=p2047675.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555003%26algo%3DPW.CAT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D142%26meid%3D7662195774206227548%26pid%3D100010%26prg%3D1076%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D121110070350%26

$6111 and still 4 days to go... :speechless1:

fake Khmelnytski and fake Suvorov. Nevski I assume too. And the enamel on the banners of the ORB's looks bad.

Who spends more then $5k for a few items he clearly has no idea of?

Ya know, I doubt that those bids are "real". I've previously been told by reliable sources that it is common practice over there to get your family, friends, cat, canary etc. to bid on your items to generate interest.

Mind you, nothing surprises me. I see a over 300K RB on Ebay being marked down from 3K to a "bargain" of just under 2K.

So how is the seller doing this?

The medals supposedly sell from a dealer for over 6k, and a few days later the same things are for sale from the same dealer and the bids are already over 2k?

The items were obviously not sold so the buyer and the seller step away from the purchase by agreeing somehow with ebay that they can - otherwise the seller would be owing ebay a small fortune.

Seeing as the ebay police have stopped me selling things with a swastika on, why can't they stop this robbery (thats what it is if the medals are fakes). If we can see it from the outside, they must be able to figure it out from their side.

Surely not all of these bids are real. But at least some of them have to be. Otherwise they would make big losses by getting ebay bills in the 3-4 figures range.

This is a textbook case of crooks on Ebay and other sites that I described. It is a simple how they do this. They simply don't pay. The crook selling it had 17 of his buddies (likely multiple accounts for each of them) bid. The "winning" bidder just doesn't pay and at worse, gets a non payment strike on his Ebay record. Common practice over there.

Yes Mr. Reck, it does suck.

Click on the bids-private listing. Bidder's names are not shown. :speechless: Losers-all of em. Notice no mention of being authentic or original.

Edited by Aurelius