News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Baden pre 1914 medalbar - expensive fixing job?

Hi all,

It has been a long time when I last posted under that section.

Anyway, I was able to pick up one pretty nice pre 1914 trapezoid medal bar from Baden. I was actually so "rusty" that weren't even able to ID the first ribbons.... I put the blame to the bad pictures because the bar isn't arrived yet and those few glasses of vino, that I had :whistle: .

Anyway, what we have here is stripped Baden bar with the following awards:

- Baden: Order of the Zähringer Lion

- Austria: Order of the Iron Crown

- Prussia: 1870/71 Franco Prussian War Commemorative medal

- Prussia: 1897 Centenary medal

- Baden: 1902 Jubilee medal

Really interesting combination but probably impossible to trace like RR confirmed to me already (thank you for that and again - it's great to see you back!).

Anyway, as a student, financial side do not allow me to get that bar fixed and I leave it to the new owner when it moves. I may start it and get the 1870/71 Prussian medal and Baden jubilee to the end. lets see how it goes. What kind of money we are talking about regards the first two correct period awards? :blush:

Any comments and suggestions would be great. When that little bugger is arrived to Dublin, I will post some better pictures as well.

Regards,

Timo aka Noor

2249226755ec6b_l.jpg

224927239f957a_l.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for your replays. Unfortunately I do not have these funds to get that bar fixed due to the cost of these orders (student life sucks financially big time), so I actually listed it up on sale now and I leave that fixing job to the new owner.

I hope we can see that beauty as it should look some day here.

Regards,

Noor