News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1940s Chevy Dealer re-opens to Auction off 500 Time Capsule Cars

Hoyden - I agree with you, a lovely example. Gives a real impression of strength , yet is graceful.

Mike - I sometimes watch a strange TV programme that is on one of our channels - it is called American Pickers - and they travel

around the US buying old things to restore and sell. This week they were taken to an enormous Barn - it, and several other large

buildings were packed with old vehicles that had not been touched for some 20 years. They weren't in good condition, well, some were.

I wonder if this as the same source as your post ? Mervyn

Good Morning Mervyn.....

We have the same show here and also one called Canadian Pickers...... With regards to the cars I saw a news report on an American Channel CNN and then looked it up on the internet...... The thing that gets me mad or should I say upset is that in American Pickers they never buy anything Military..... I remember one show they were in a room full of WW1 American, British and German Uniforms and Helmets and they did not pick a single item..... I am sure that they see a lot of things, I just did an estate evaluation where there was a large number of WW2, Korean up to the early 1990's R.C.A.M.C. items, just packed away in a number of tote boxes...... I also know a person who has a number of Model T Fords, a couple of Bren Gun Carriers just sitting in his barn.....

Mike

P.S. One of the Pickers on Canadian Pickers I have known for over 40 years.......

Good. Those guys on American pickers can leave the Militaria alone so we can have it!

In one episode they went to an old WW2 military supply depot that was turned into a surplus store and all they bought was 10 cases of cardboard grenade tubes, empty of course..... You could see in the background a number of military vehicles (saw a jeep and a duce and a half) and boxes of other items......

In one episode they went to an old WW2 military supply depot that was turned into a surplus store and all they bought was 10 cases of cardboard grenade tubes, empty of course..... You could see in the background a number of military vehicles (saw a jeep and a duce and a half) and boxes of other items......

HA! I would have had a field day in there! Then again, I am that strange woman who actually enjoys including militaria into the decoration of our home. I think it's awesome to see that our home is gradually starting to look like a militaria museum. (I included the Luftwaffe when I decorated at Christmas)

I have a wish list of things that I want for our home.

Man, would I love to have a new '64 Impala coupe. Or a... or a... Wow!

I know the prices will be astronomical but it's like my own (much more modest) collections, especially my best pieces. I mean, how many more chances are you going to get to own your dream (fill in the blank) or a documented ___. I can go to any dealer and get a 2014, but a '64?

Chuck

Wait are these in actual "new" condition, or have they just been laid down to rest and never looked at (ie theres still 50s oil in that thing that could have rusted half the engine by now)

For someone who has the money and can restore this thing, I guess it is a nice score. If they aren't in near perfect condition I won't see them pulling too much money out of it (of course when they do get sold they'll probably pull some big money from nostalgia guys :D and I will be wrong with my initial observation, as usual! :D )

Something more amazing would be an old WW2 airfield they havn't touched coming back to life with some "new" B-17s, P-51s, P-39s and other goodies for auction, then that might make me mortgage my families homes and go for a bidding war :D mu hahahaha :D

Edited by Rogi

my neighbor, the professional sitar player, has had this since the age of 16. he keeps it in the attached garage of his small one bedroom house. imagine my surprise when i first saw him pull into my driveway...in a perfectly preserved pierce arrow. toot toot!