News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

It's not about your sister......

Just a thought... with WW1 coming up, lets not forget, we are exchanging opinions about something that happened 100 years ago...

If you disagree with someone about fleet expansion... he is not suggesting your mother liked sailors

If you disagree whether Bolivia or Siam was the root cause of the war... he is not calling your sister a Ho

If you cannot agree about who invented Sturm trupp tactics... he is not suggesting you are less manly for having a Volpino Italiano

Its just old stuff we are interested in... nothing more, nothing less... just enjoy the discussions... and if you really feel the need to explode because someone does not see things your way.... just think... "Wheatons law!"... and go have a coffee...

Just my 2EUR worth

Chris

Just a thought... with WW1 coming up, lets not forget, we are exchanging opinions about something that happened 100 years ago...

If you disagree with someone about fleet expansion... he is not suggesting your mother liked sailors

If you disagree whether Bolivia or Siam was the root cause of the war... he is not calling your sister a Ho

If you cannot agree about who invented Sturm trupp tactics... he is not suggesting you are less manly for having a Volpino Italiano

Its just old stuff we are interested in... nothing more, nothing less... just enjoy the discussions... and if you really feel the need to explode because someone does not see things your way.... just think... "Wheatons law!"... and go have a coffee...

Just my 2EUR worth

Chris

Maybe not my sister, but my father served in World War I. :whistle:

Good to hear. I for one consider this a club of Gentlemen. So far the discussion has been enjoyably heated and (somewhat) fact filled, but no one has broken a bottle over a table and screamed "Die you YankeeF&:ck"! As they lunged at me. also, I don't have a sister. maybe Chris is feeling a bit sensitive post holiday season?

Edited by Ulsterman

Well, yes. of course. why whose feelings have been bruised? certainly not mine and I reckon Irishgunner is bullet proof. Chris?

Hi,

no ones that I know of, but the war lasts 4 years, so plenty of time for things to develope ;-)

I am sure there are going to be some good debates and I wanted to encourage those who usually avoid any thread with disagreament in it to jump right in.

I tend to be one who avoids debates on the forum for the most part. Why? Not because my feelings are close to the surface, that’s most evident to those who really know me. Debates should have the purpose of educating not only those involved but also those whose part is purely as a spectator. Far too often debates de-evolve into what can only be described as two monkeys in adjacent trees throwing feces at one another. Debates should be well thought out academic exchanges of opposing opinions and not a verbal bar fight, the purpose of which is to win regardless of fact.

So far the current debates over the Great War have been of the former rather than the later and I thank all involved for keeping it in that arena.

Debates, arguments and disagreements would be quickly and easily resolved if only the world would accept my theory that my opinion is the only correct one.

So far it’s been a hard sell.

Regards

Brian

Debates, arguments and disagreements would be quickly and easily resolved if only the world would accept my theory that my opinion is the only correct one.

So far it’s been a hard sell.

Hey... did you copy that from my wife?????? .... many a drawn out argument has ended with her saying "Why dont you just say 'yes' then we can move on?"

"If you have any poo to fling, now would be a good time." Two points for IDing the quote.

Get it off your chest. Or your sister's chest, as the case may be. I wasn't sure where Chris was going with this, but I see and applaud. Plus, Chris, I'm sorry I said you were ... whatever I said you were!

Now if only some of the silent members can slice their way through the old fart [valued senior members] verbiage and get a word in edgewise! ;)

• 1 month later...