News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Finnish liberty Cross 1918

After a long hunt I got this cross in the mailbox today :jumping:

a Liberty Cross III class 1918 , not easy to find , only 973 pieces awarded , and of them I think less than 700 to

Finnish soldiers ( 45 to Swedish and 200 ? to Germans.) I got right now 200 + names in my database so I have some more to go :)

This come from Finland , and looking at the mounting I´m quite sure it was awarded to an Finnish Officer.

Now ´m I looking for a 4th class non combat 1918 and the rarest of all 1918 crosses , the ones with Red Cross $$$$$$

Christer

Edited by christerd

• 2 months later...

And sometimes you find a real treasure :jumping::jumping:

I found this on an auction with with bad pics , so I didnt know in what state it was .

But when it arrived it was just wonderful .... Finnish Liberty Cross III cl 1918 civil version

Only 221 awarded in 1918 and just 500 made ever !! I have about 180 names so I miss about 40

the collection grows

Christer

Edited by christerd

Sometimes you wish you had a lot of money lying around ..... ( probably always :) )

This Finnish Liberty Cross 1st class without swords was sold in Sweden in April for ........ 2300 Euro :banger::banger:

And few so few where ever awarded and this cross was given to Johan Mannerheim !

Gustaf Mannerheims brother.

at this price it was a steal ;)

I dream on ........

Youré right Mikko , I mixed up two auctions , this one went in Auction 19 , April was Auction 22.

Even two years ago it was a super price for a object like that.

Almost like an Knights Cross with swords oakleaves and diamonds ;)

Christer

• 3 weeks later...