News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

meet Generalleutnant Friedrich Zickwolff

Dear forumites,

I'd like to show you a group of ribbon bars I managed to purchase at Reichertshofen which belonged to Generalleutnant and Ritterkreuzträger Friedrich Zickwolff (see also: http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Personenregister/Z/ZickwolffFriedrich-R.htm )

His uniform and medal bar were sold by Hermann Historica, years ago in 2013:

Lot Nr. 6604
    Generalleutnant Friedrich Zickwolff (1889 - 1944) - a field tunic and breeches  

Old-pattern field tunic in field-grey tricot cloth with dark green collar, red piping on the button facing, golden buttons, sewn-in shoulder boards and red collar patches with golden Larisch embroidery (slightly darkened). Breast eagle missing. Affixed Iron Cross 1st Class of 1914, Wound Badge 1918 in Black and a six-piece field orders clasp. Green silk lining with Berlin tailor's tag. Breeches of stone-grey cloth with broad, red stripes, leg closure with laces and small buttons, signs of usage on the stripes at the height of the boots. 
    Generalleutnant Friedrich Zickwolff, from 1909 on Leutnant in Infantry Regiment König Wilhelm I (6th Württemberg) no. 124, 1931 Major in Group Command 2 Kassel, 1936 Oberst and Kommandeur of the Infantry Regiment 119 Stuttgart, 1939 Generalmajor und Kommandeur of the 227th Infantry Division, in 1941 he was appointed Generalleutnant and on 2 June 1942, he was awarded the Knight's Cross to the Iron Cross 1939 as Kommandeur of the 113th Infantry Division. Until seriously wounded on 25 August 1943, he commanded the 343rd Infantry Division. On 17 September 1944 he died as a result of his wounds. 

Condition: IILimit: 4000 EURO

(see also: http://www.hermann-historica.de/auktion/hhm66.pl?f=NR_LOT&c=6604&t=temartic_R_GB&db=kat66_r.txt )

Enjoy the pictures!

ciao,

Claudio

P1020228.JPG

P1020230.JPG

P1020232.JPG

58936_b.jpg

58936_c.jpg

58936_d.jpg

58936_e.jpg

58936_f.jpg

58936_g.jpg

58936_h.jpg

58936_i.jpg

58936.jpg

• 5 years later...
    On 24/12/2020 at 18:00, VtwinVince said:

Very nice items Claudio. Of course it's always depressing to see Nachlaesse being split up.

at least here we still know the origin of the single pieces of the group. There are so many pieces forever detached from their former owner.