News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

another 4 place medalbar without medals

this trapez medalbar without medals confuses me a bit.

ribbons are:

1.) prussian long service

2.) prussian crown order (but why behind a long service decoration?), w?rttemberg friedrichs order, greek order of redeemer

3.) russian saint stanislaus order, or medal for zeal

4.) wasn't able to find this ribbon :speechless1:

or was my guess wrong that this is a german bar? (construction is very german i think, and the ribbons, construction and everything else makes me feel that it is old and original)

but perhaps someone else is able to help me a little.

now the pics:

The last is most likely the (British) Royal Victorian Medal (could be the correspondiong order, but I doubt it). Probably a give-away for one of Edward VII's visits to his continental relatives. He, in particular, passed these out pretty lavishly (as he did other things pretty lavishly).

Very likely a minor court functionary's bar.

Guest Rick Research

That is a TERRIFIC bar!

The first is definitely some Prussian long service award, but the second could be "almost anything."

Mecklenburg had a Merit Medal on that ribbon too, which would fit more into the status of this wearer.

The Russian ribbon was also used for various medals given for merit.

The key here is that the hooks were positioned at different heights so that everything must have hung neatly "flat" across the bottom...

so ALL you have to do is

find every possible combination and try hanging them on there to "fit!" :rolleyes::cheers:

:speechless1:

please help me - (i'm a job student - so i would be very pleasent if you can provid me more infos on this for replacing the medals - otherwise it wouldn't be possible anymore as i will ran out of money :o:speechless: )

but another question - do you think it will be traceable? (if i'll be able to find the correct medals?)

i know at the moment only another medalbar with a english medal on (i'm thinking on a ww2 medalbar now)

christian

There are rolls for each of these royal trips overseas. I only have those for India. (And of the German awards for the crown prince's trip to India just before the Great War too; shot a lot of tigers and distributed a lot of gongs -- that soon no one could wear.) The RVM was also awarded for those attending at funerals, though those would have been mainly military/naval and this looks like a poodle-faking courtier's group.

Again, my guess is that it would be for one of the meetings of the uncle and his ill-behaved nephew, when Uncle Ted visited Nephew Billy.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Guest Rick Research

I agree that this was more likely a Hoflakai rather than an active duty noncommissioned officer--

but in EITHER case such people are "invisible" in all rank Lists etc as below the status of officers.

It is, simply, a fantastic multi-national bar to someone in the glittering, vanished world of palaces and dynastic travels.

• 8 months later...