News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I posted the other day about researching a family member from Prussia.  I finally found him in the lists as the Kmdt of Koblenz u. Ehrenbreitstein in 1891.  I can translate most of the words, but could some please decipher the awards for me?  They make no sense to me at all.

The Lists.jpg

I thought I had found a photo of my late ancestor but have since realized that the decorations do not match the Prussian army list.  Not to mention one award was introduced after his death.  Here is the photo of a currently unidentified Prussian officer.

12279109_10206430272368011_7004795692493

Edited by lilnuke
    Error

But, in case you are interested.........:cool:

Here is General-Lieutenant Heinrich Graf zu Rantzau (pictured as an Oberst). You can clearly see the Mecklenburg Griffin Commander as his lowermost worn neck decoration in this shot.

Regards

Glenn

Rantzau Graf zu.JPG

The image comes from his entry in Kurt v. Priesdorff's "Soldatisches Führertum". The scan is already at 600 dpi but I can send you a larger copy of it plus some biographical stuff in German. Please pm me with your email and I will do that.

Regards

Glenn

7 hours ago, Glenn J said:

The image comes from his entry in Kurt v. Priesdorff's "Soldatisches Führertum". The scan is already at 600 dpi but I can send you a larger copy of it plus some biographical stuff in German. Please pm me with your email and I will do that.

Regards

Glenn

I tied to PM you Glenn but the system says you cannot receive messages.