News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My finds of today

Hey guy's, thanks for your comments!

I have a pic of the light blue one, who is a mistery so far! It says "exposition de bruxelles 1909", but thing is there was no expo in Brussels that year...

expo 001.JPG

It is 9,8 cm high and weight is 22 gr.

Edited by Stuka f

@Larry,

here some pic's in daylight!

No idea for the ribbon.

And probably a silver finition on the other two medals; because I can't find any hallmarks and seem to spot a cupper colour in the deep side cuts...

med detail daglicht 001.JPG

med detail daglicht 002.JPG

med detail daglicht 003.JPG

@ Larry,

the ribbon on the first medal seems right, as I found a similar one in a other collection.

Problem is the guy doesn't know eighter what the ribbon means.

My wild guess would be; home guards (garde civique). Because that is the type of green color those guy's used to wear (for a majority!).

A collegue came up with the sollution.

The medal was a commemorative medal for the 25 years of the inauguration of the reign of Leopold I.

Ribbon is 37 mm large (in total!); green 1mm/amarant 6mm/ green 23mm/amarant 6mm and green1mm.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 09:14, Stuka f said:

A collegue came up with the sollution.

The medal was a commemorative medal for the 25 years of the inauguration of the reign of Leopold I.

Ribbon is 37 mm large (in total!); green 1mm/amarant 6mm/ green 23mm/amarant 6mm and green1mm.

Well here is my issue and I am not saying you are incorrect, however on Hendricks page it shows a different ribbon than the one posted.......Could the ribbon be different between the cross and the medal?

http://users.skynet.be/hendrik/  It's in the Leo I section of "Other Medals".

If its a real one it would be extremely rare as it seems only 1000 were issued!!

Cheers

Larry

Thanks for pointing this out!

I did check Hendricks page, in search of my medal, but couldn't find it there.

I however didn't check again when I got the info...Back to scratch....; I guess....! 

And ask where the original info came from.

To be continued.

7 hours ago, Laurence Strong said:

Well here is my issue and I am not saying you are incorrect, however on Hendricks page it shows a different ribbon than the one posted.......Could the ribbon be different between the cross and the medal?

The answer to that question is a definite "yes" as 3 different colour patterns have been described :

a. green with a purple side stripe near both edges (30 mm or 37 mm ribbon width),

b. purple with a green side stripe near the edges (30 mm or 37 mm ribbon width), i.e. as the ribbon above in this thread,

c. same as b. with an added green stripe down the centre (36 mm or 40 mm width).

Source : Distinctions honorifiques de la Belgique, André Charles Borné

Regards,

Hendrik