News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

OPW Double Screwback Group

• Replies 98
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew and KILKA, your help to this forum is really appreciated. It is very interesting to learn from knowledgeable collectors!

I agree! :cheers:

Remember: Photos and examples need no translation. I feel lucky that we can have some good Russian collectors who are willing to post some excellent photos of pieces they've seen/owned for examples. Thanks!

Dave

Hurrah! All have recognized, that these subjects not the presents!

And about the information - there is a magnificent book in 2 volumes in English and Russian of " the award of the USSR ". Author Shishkov.

Here pair illustrations....

Hurrah! All have recognized, that these subjects not the presents!

And about the information - there is a magnificent book in 2 volumes in English and Russian of " the award of the USSR ". Author Shishkov.

Here pair illustrations....

Hi Lentiay,

Which edition is this ?

I have this 2 volume book "Orders and Medals of the USSR" by Shishkov & Muzalevsky, Voron Publishing, 2000.

But the pages you have shown do not correspond to my edition, and even these pics are not in my book...

I believe there are 2 ?ditions, mine being the more recent... Which one is yours ?

Cheers.

Ch.

Hi Bryan and Andrei, ;)

I have these two books which are excellent in detailed informations, quality of pictures... even if not easy to use for me (they are in Russian... ). I know, I have to learn Russian, I know!!! :blush:

But, for my information, what is this site Mirnagrad ? Are they linked to Durov ? How are they allowed to post such a summarised version of the books ?

I have to say it is interesting, because, thanks to the help of an online translator, you can have at least a summarised version to help you (me!!) better understand and read the content.

Ch.

Hi again Bryan and Andrei,

Any information on this Mirnagrad site ?

Ch.

Hi Lentiay,

Which edition is this ?

I have this 2 volume book "Orders and Medals of the USSR" by Shishkov & Muzalevsky, Voron Publishing, 2000.

But the pages you have shown do not correspond to my edition, and even these pics are not in my book...

I believe there are 2 ?ditions, mine being the more recent... Which one is yours ?

Cheers.

Ch.

My book - the new edition of 2005.

It is more good version of books of 2000.

I in the past to year bought them for 250$.

My book - the new edition of 2005.

It is more good version of books of 2000.

I in the past to year bought them for 250$.

Thanks Lentiay :beer: .

I was not aware the edition was so recent (2005). Thanks again.

Do you know if there are a lot of differences between both editions ?

Ch.

Seriously do not differ, but in the new book there are more than photos of awards and documents.

If it is fair, I have bought it I shall sharpen that it very beautiful, qualitative and the main thing - with the autograph of the author (Shishkov).

TODAY the Internet - a resource can replace any book, but look through pages of the beautiful and clever book - it is very pleasant!

Seriously do not differ, but in the new book there are more than photos of awards and documents.

If it is fair, I have bought it I shall sharpen that it very beautiful, qualitative and the main thing - with the autograph of the author (Shishkov).

TODAY the Internet - a resource can replace any book, but look through pages of the beautiful and clever book - it is very pleasant!

Thanks Lentiay. :beer:

I'll try to see it on the occasion of a future trip to Russia.

I agree with you about these books (and books in general...). I also have the one dedicated to the Russia Imperial awards, by the same authors, in 3 volume. A fantastic tool, with superb photographies. :jumping:

Cheers.

Ch.

I can order books at once from the author, with its autograph and the best regards to colleagues abroad. But I do not know as them to send you. They weigh nearby 5 kg, and I am afraid mail will be very dear.

It is necessary to ask on mail, whether it is possible to send books we shall assume in U.S.A., IF it is possible, it is reliable and it is not dear - I can help all with purchase of books with Shishkov's autograph.

Maxim.

I can order books at once from the author, with its autograph and the best regards to colleagues abroad. But I do not know as them to send you. They weigh nearby 5 kg, and I am afraid mail will be very dear.

It is necessary to ask on mail, whether it is possible to send books we shall assume in U.S.A., IF it is possible, it is reliable and it is not dear - I can help all with purchase of books with Shishkov's autograph.

Maxim.

Thanks, Maxim! Add me to the list of people interested (and I know that airmail postage to teh US will be a lot!).

Well, about new Shishkov book I would not be that excited. Of course book is OK, but it does not have any serious information that was not published before in other sources. Also it has significant amount of pictures taken from PMD Red Bible (I hope Shishkov got Paul's permission to do that). Many pictures for this book were also taken from our "mondvor" website. So it all depends on the price. I think that 100 USD for both volumes is normal price (50 USD for each volume). If the price would be higher, well... it's up to you wether or not to spend that amount of money.