News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Khalkhin Gol related Badges

Dolf

Badge Khalkhin Gol (C 24)

I have two different variations of this one.

This 1st one is much heavier than the next one, and made of a different material.

This one weights 17,30gr

Obverse:

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

As you may have noticed I'm missing C 27, Khalkhin Gol 1939-2004, so if any of you guys can help me complete this series, don't hesitate to contact me ;)

Apart from these and the other Anniversary Medals mentioned on the 1st post of this thread, any of you know of more Khalkhin Gol related awards? If you do please post your pics here.

Thanks.

Dolf

Rick,

Thanks. This last one is also very light and made of some cheap alloy.

My favorites are the A 60, C 24 (heavier) and I also like that Badge C 52.

Which ones haven't you seen before, apart from the last one?

Maybe someone else knows of other Khalkhin Gol related pieces?...

Dolf

Finally, a "NIB", but obviously related to the Battle.

I believe it's a Friendship Badge, USSR-Mongolia, but can't find it on Dr. Battushig's book.

Dolf

This is obviously a provincial badge, from Dornod (as would make sense). Nice and interesting.

I'm striving to find the time to get out to KG this summer, but don't think it will work.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

This is obviously a provincial badge, from Dornod (as would make sense). Nice and interesting.

I'm striving to find the time to get out to KG this summer, but don't think it will work.

Ed,

I thought it might be a Friendship Badge because of the two flags side by side, USSR-Mongolia.

What makes you think it's a Provincial Badge?

Dolf

PS: just checked Dr. Battushig's book, on the Provinces section, and couldn't find one single piece having a "foreigner" flag (USSR or other) on it!

Edited by Dolf

Ed,

I thought it might be a Friendship Badge because of the two flags side by side, USSR-Mongolia.

What makes you think it's a Provincial Badge?

Dolf

PS: just checked Dr. Battushig's book, on the Provinces section, and couldn't find one single piece having a "foreigner" flag (USSR or other) on it!

Because it says "Dornod Aimag" on the circlet. That is, of course, where Khalkhil Gol is located. I'd "read" the flags as saying something about the major allied participants in the battle, with the "friendship" implicit.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Because it says "Dornoid Aimag" on the circlet. That is, of course, where Khalkhil Gol is located. I'd "read" the flags as saying something about the major allied participants in the battle, with the "friendship" implicit.

Ed,

Found this one with a different suspension, so I guess mine isn't right, which in such case cancel my friendship Badge theory :blush:

Dolf

Here is what I have listed:

20 Years:

A 60 - Medal

30 Years:

A 45 - (Медаль ?XXX лет Халхин-Гольской Победы?) - Medal

XXX - Badge (NIB)

35 Years:

C 26 - Badge

40 Years:

A 51 - (Медаль ?Победа на Халхин-Голе?) - Medal

45 Years:

C 52 - Badge

50 Years:

A58 - (Медаль ?50 лет Халхин-Гольской Победы?) - Medal

C 23 - Badge

55 Years:

C 27 - Badge

Unknown:

C 24 - Badge

C 25 - Badge

XXX - Badge (Dornod Aimag - NIB)

Edited by Ed_Haynes

• 7 years later...

Couldn't find the thread focused on the "mother" of Khalkhin Gol badges so posting this here...

Screwplate missing, but for the rest in excellent condition and with an original certificate awarded to a Mongolian (Tserenyondon) for taking part in the battle at the river Khalkhin gol in 1939. The badge was awarded in March 17, 1942 and signed (hand signature) by Deputy Commander of the Mongolian People's Revolutionary Army Lahgvasuren. Also the document bears the stamp of the Military Ministry. This is the very first type doc for this award.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2013/post-679-0-05901100-1374612194.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2013/post-679-0-65574100-1374612317.jpg

• 6 years later...