Post your favorite East German DDR uniform

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

I don't have any DDR items, but I have to say I've always enjoyed looking at their uniforms. To me it was a real shame that in their effort to do away with all connections to the Wehrmacht the Bundeswehr made their uniforms so ugly! :banger:

The two piece Black Panzer uniform is different than the standard black work uniform. Notice the length of the jacket. You will see alot of work uniforms on ebay that the seller has added the Panzer patch too. The work uniform comes with plain pants.

Also see the next, Black panzer overall's. Made for wearing over the dress uniform for tank repairs.

Also notice the OD shoulder boards which are regulation. Dress boards were never worn by the NVA. Tho I will admit if you have the pink piped shoulder boards shown on ebay they will sell for a higher dollar value.

• 1 month later...

Greene Dudley ,

I,ve never seen that cammo before , i,ve seen the early splotch cammo but never this . Please enlighten us !

Any of you guys got and nice Navy uniform !!??

Did the DDR forestry service have it,s own uniform ?

Gents,

I don't have that many DDR uniforms with me here in Budapest but this one qualifies as my favouite one here.

Regards,

Gordon

WOW that,s a nice officers jacket any chance of a close up of the ribbon bar ? :jumping:

Grant,

I'll post the General's ribbon bar as soon as I find the time. It belonged to the General that wore the tunic.

I'm sure Dudley will do a post on his early cammo uniform so I will only say that there are a few different models of jacket and that although it resembles the Russian WWII omeaba pattern these uniforms were designed and made in Germany.

East German forestry tunics are not common but like most things some are more common than others. Early tunics and uniforms for women are rare. Uniforms for the NVA Forestry Service are super rare. I'll post pictures of some of my DDR Forestry stuff when I get a chance.

Regards,

Gordon

My camo uniform is actually the first East German camo pattern from the 50's used by the KVP. I have two different shades of the same pattern. One of my tops is designed as the Russian WWII style with the large hood and face veil. Here is another photo. This early style of camo is very hard to find but does turn up on ebay.de from time to time, do a search for KVP . It is expensive stuff though. A friend got this top a market in Frankfurt for an extemely nice price. It has a larfe hole in the side at the neck. It is covered in this photo.

• 3 weeks later...

My camo uniform is actually the first East German camo pattern from the 50's used by the KVP. I have two different shades of the same pattern. One of my tops is designed as the Russian WWII style with the large hood and face veil. Here is another photo. This early style of camo is very hard to find but does turn up on ebay.de from time to time, do a search for KVP . It is expensive stuff though. A friend got this top a market in Frankfurt for an extemely nice price. It has a larfe hole in the side at the neck. It is covered in this photo.

My NVA collection :lol: