News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help on this commander star of the order of Franz Joseph

eos512

Hello guys I am the newbie here. Just start my ODM collection 3 months ago. After a little research, I would like to focus all my money on the theme of double-headed eagle. Most recently I mannaged to grab this commander star of the order of Franz Joseph. Well to be honest, after a small research on FJO, I was expecting this commander star to be more detailed as those V.M. production. So I am just curious that are all Rothe production like this? How come my main body (the eagle) of the star is much smaller compared to those VM productions? How can I tell whether it is gold or not? And last question is why the outer layer of the eagle seems to be much whiter than the pointed star? Is it a sign of re-mount?

微信图片_20181125224122.jpg

微信截图_20181125224321.jpg

Well, I would certainly welcome more detailed close-up images of the eagle, but this Rothe commander star doesn't look genuine to me. Rothe company was still active after the fall of A-H Empire, producing collectors copies of A-H orders till late 1970s.  

13 hours ago, tifes said:

Well, I would certainly welcome more detailed close-up images of the eagle, but this Rothe commander star doesn't look genuine to me. Rothe company was still active after the fall of A-H Empire, producing collectors copies of A-H orders till late 1970s.  

Thanks tifes, do you mind checking it again? Appreciated

7 hours ago, 1812 Overture said:

The FJ order is the dream of many people in China. Although it is only a replica, it is acceptable if it is done well. Just like the Yuan Dynasty blue-and-white porcelain imitation of the Ming Dynasty, it is as valuable as it is now.

?I got this from a very famous auction house, do you think there is a way to get a refund?

I subscribe to E.L. note (pics of hinge and silver marks) however, looking at the execution of the red enamel or more concretely at its zig-zag pattern (called Flinkierung in German) on the upper arm, it doesn't look good to me at all. I am sorry if I am right. What were the conditions of purchase/bidding at that auction house? Did you check them beforehand?