News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My 1914 IC 1st

Hi all,

Here's my Imperial 1914 IC 1st Class. Nothing fancy... that I know of. No makers marks that I can find. No case. Don't know if it belonged to anybody famous. But I love it! :love::love:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks for looking, :cheers:

Dan

Looks like an unmarked 'KO' to me...

Q'est que c'est "KO"? I'm being lazy as my book is down in the bunker and I'm too tired at this point to trudge down there. :D

And is this a "good" thing? :D:D

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Hi David,

You're very welcome! Love doing so. Some of these things haven't had one folks admiring them since the late 80's and for someone that loves "Show and Tell" as much as I always have it's been rather frustrating. I'm having a blast with all this.

I just can't thank you enough for having me... and for putting up with my "twenty year" fetish. :blush::D:cheers:

Many thanks! :cheers:

Dan

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing and for the compliment. A real beauty you have there! :love::jumping::jumping: Does it have a bit of convex shape to it? Wasn't sure if it was that or just the pics. If so I think that adds even more to it. :cheers:

Great piece.

Dan

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing and for the compliment. A real beauty you have there! :love::jumping::jumping: Does it have a bit of convex shape to it? Wasn't sure if it was that or just the pics. If so I think that adds even more to it. :cheers:

Great piece.

Dan

Dan,

Yes, it is convex. It has a fairly domed shape to it. I'm not sure I was really aware of that when I purchased it. It was a very pleasant surpise when I unwrapped it! :beer:

Edited by Mike Dwyer

Hi Mike,

I can well imagine. Great find! :jumping::jumping::love::love::D:cheers: It's a beautiful piece and that is definitely the icing on the cake. One of these days I'd love a convex as well as a screwback or one of the other odd attachments I've seen on here. But I fear unless Ed McMahon hurries up and brings me a check I may be out of luck in that department... but one never knows. :rolleyes:

Dan :cheers:

Nice EKs-has the "935" a blued core? Here's mine-painted core,convex......

Obverse

I've looked at my cross and I had a friend look at it and I'm not really sure if the core is blued or not. It is most certainly a very, very fine paint job if it's not blued because it's impossible to see any line or defects in the blackness. Even around the crown, W, and 1914 it is very crisp.

Mike

Edited by Mike Dwyer

• 9 months later...

Hi all,

Decided to do scans of my WWI IC 1st I'd started this thread with. In doing so I discovered a makers mark I'd not seen before. My eyes must be doing worse than I thought. Anyhow did the best scans I could so hoping perhaps this can be ID'd.