News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interesting British ribbon bar

Hi all,

Today I received this nice ribbon bar and I would like to check with others in regards of the two ribbons.

Construction I am familiar with - I have seen same systems before (WW1 era). Underneath the ribbons there is as well green khaki material (can be seen on the edges).

Now awards:

- Queen South Africa medal (must be awarded with the SA01/SA02 clasp(s) because lack of KSA ribbon)

- Could this be Danish Order of the Danneborg? I assume many other awards could fit there actually. I am guessing just most common ones

- Serbian Red Cross Decoration?

Any other ideas? Also have some of you seen similar combinations before?

thanks,

Timo 

ribbon bar.jpg

15 hours ago, SillyOldGrandad said:

15 hours ago, SillyOldGrandad said:

The last one appears to be the ribbon of the Militia Long Service Medal but the middle one is an odd one. Pete.

But in this case it should be on the second position, before the foreign award?

Timo if we assume the second is the Dannebrog then the third would be the commemorative for the golden wedding of Christian IX 1892. It would make sense of the order. Therefore a Danish volunteer for the Boer war and there were several foreign volunteers in the British army.

Paul

5 hours ago, Noor said:

But in this case it should be on the second position, before the foreign award?

Yes, if the middle one is a foreign award which it is assumed to be. I don't think the middle one is a British award but I don't think it is the Order of The Dannebrog either, the red stripes are too broad for that.  Pete.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...