News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

You're right, it is of highest quality (I would love to be able to see it without its signs of age). The other things lying around in this showcase are also pretty nice. Unfortunately I do not remember who was the bearer of these...

Edited by Utgardloki

They belonged to General Radetzky

IMG_3625 B.jpg

IMG_3626 B.jpg

Most stars are in a position that barely allows them to be seen clearly.

Only those on the tray next to the poster can be seen in detail

It must be recognized that the position and lighting of many pieces of this museum is disastrous

Then I will show other stars, which you can photograph in more detail.

N. 33:  Band und Stern des Großkreuz des Estensischen Adler-Ordens (Herzogtum Modena)

IMG_3642 b.jpg

Ah yes, now I remember, it is that little room in the corner. When I saw them I had the feeling these were all made by the same manufacturer... could that be true?

You're right. I prefer table showcases, where you can get really close to the objects. In those "modern" installations the objects are often so far away you can hardly see them. In addition (maybe I'm wrong) it seems like, that in modern displays less objects are displayed. The "normal" visitor might prefer these, but for those who like to look at every object in detail (and look for the differences in similar objects) this is unfavorable.

Edited by Utgardloki

La mayoría de las estrellas están en una posición que apenas les permite verse con claridad.

Solo los que están en la bandeja al lado del póster pueden verse en detalle

Hay que reconocer que la posición e iluminación de muchas piezas de este museo es desastrosa.

Luego mostraré otras estrellas, que puedes fotografiar con más detalle.

N. 33: Band und Stern des Großkreuz des Estensischen Adler-Ordens (Herzogtum Modena)

N.31 Band und Stern des Großkreuzes des Großherzolgich-toscanischen St.Joseph-Ordens

IMG_3652 b.jpg

N.6 Stern des Großkreuzes des hannoveranischen Guelphen-Ordens

IMG_3633 b.jpg

N.4  Stern des Königlich-sardinischen Annunziaten-Ordens

IMG_3651 b.jpg

N.28:  Band und Stern des Kaiserlich-russischen St. Annen-Ordens

IMG_3646 b.jpg

Sorry, for the phrases in Spanish, but it's the same thing that I translated poorly into English in the previous intervention.

N.29:  Band und Stern des Senator-Großkreuzes des herzoglich-parmaischen Constantin - St Gerors-Ordens

IMG_3632 b.jpg