News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

How About This For A Group

Heres a group currently for Sale on Collect Russia's sit for a cool 34,000 usd :cool:

The Group includes:

Decorations: Order of the Red Banner, Type 2 Var. 2, #71643, April 1943 issue;

Order of the Red Banner, 2nd award , Type 2 Var. 2, #4620, September 1943 issue;

Order of the Red Banner , Type 3, Var. 2, #222119, May 1945;

Order of the Red Banner, 4th award, #1684, April 1954;

Order of the Red Banner, 5th award, #225, September 1956;

Order of Bogdan Khmelnitsky, 3rd cl., Type 1 (with separate center medallion), #1092, December 1943; Order of Alexander Nevsky , Type 3, "deep dish" variation, #11058 (note the extremely low number, near the extreme bottom of the range for this type), September 1944;

Order of the Red Star , #2881384, June 1949;

Order of the Red Star , #3329279, June 1955;

Medal for Valor , Type 1 Var. 1 converted to 5-sided suspension, #12930, May 1940 issue;

Medal for Combat Service , Type 2, Var. 2, #1813159, November 1944.

Heres a pic enjoy.........

I've got to say that's one of the nicest groups I've seen in a long time! Even in my jadedness, I've got to say that that would probably be a "dream" group for me as well... Now if the guy was just an HSU, how perfect would that be??? :jumping:

Even back when things were "cheap" most of us couldn't afford this one anyway. I don't know, but I think about three years ago, this was probably still a $10,000 group.

Dave

The photos on Igor's site are awesome (I wish I knew how he did them!) The photo of the book is to-die-for...

What I'm SHOCKED about is that he never became an HSU. I've owned HSU groups to bomber pilots with less sorties and achivements than he. He must have been very unliked by his chain of command!

Dave

For what it is, I'm not sure the price is unreasonable. For this, I think you look into selling family members.

I think the price is fairly close to right on. Doing a survey of various dealer's websites, I came up with these rough numbers:

BK3 - $4000

Nevsky - $1600

Red Banner (screwback) - $600

Red Banner (hanging) - $125

Red Banner 2 screwback - $2600

Red Banner 4 - $4000

Red Banner 5 - $14000

Other medals - around $200 for the lot

So, in parts, we'd be looking at around $27,125 (and I think I might be low on a couple of the awards)

Throw in $225 a pop on McDaniel COAs (11 of 'em) you've got an extra (whopping!) $2475 on top of that - taking it up to about $30,000 in just parts alone!

For a group like this with $30K in parts, I don't think a $4K "group premium" is that bad.

Heck, with all that considered, the group is a downright good deal! :love:

Dave

Isn't the bravery medal entry in the booklet missing a "0"?

Good catch!

I never saw that. Quite unusual, but the book appears to be 100% righteous... I guess it was an administrative error that no one ever caught!

Dave