News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

HI, this Leutnant der Reserve first got a MVK 2nd class... then a MVO4th with swords... then MVO 4th with swords and crown... which is pretty unusual?

I thought it was a Stuffen thing related to Rank? Why would a Lt d. Res get one with a crown? Was the rank thing put aside for exceptional bravmvo.thumb.jpg.eeebfa556892ec55159a50d8efe95434.jpgery or something?

Thanks

Chris

17 minutes ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

this Leutnant der Reserve first got a MVK 2nd class... then a MVO4th with swords... then MVO 4th with swords and crown...

How do you know this? I only see one decoration in the picture. Do you have a militärpaß or perhaps some other info? That might help with answering your question.

Kind regards, Laurentius

4 minutes ago, laurentius said:

How do you know this? I only see one decoration in the picture. Do you have a militärpaß or perhaps some other info? That might help with answering your question.

Kind regards, Laurentius

Hi, the auszug from the arhcives has EK2, EK1, MVK 2kl Swords and crown, MVO4 with swords then MVO 4 Swords and crown... KIA as a Lt d. Res... in May 1918.

MVO4th with swords and crown mid 1917... no indication of why.

The rank of the medal was dependent on the officers position, not the rank. Company commander, regiment commander, battalion commander, etc. In addition, with repeated awards, the higher level was awarded regardless of rank. The lower tier had to be returned if it was awarded in the same campaign

Edited by spolei

I just looked... he was a Zahlmeister Anwärter in August 1914, then to a combat company as Offizier Stellvertreter in Marche 1915.. then a simple Company Führer up until March 1917, not even Compaqny Commander... but he gor the MVO4th class with swords and crown in Feb 1917... he had no position or task that merited the higher level?

One can only speculate here, as one does not know the history of the regiment. Maybe he showed a special bravery that wasn't enough for the MMJO, or he does the job of the regiment commander. For this he received another MVO award. Since he also had both EKs, he must have always been at the front. He died 1918 in action.

There were quite a lot of Lts /1st Lts who got the crown to the 4th class as additional award, despite of  their position.

Josef Adam

Helmut Alberti

Franz Albertshauser

Karl Ritter von Aldebert

Karl Anacker

Karl Freiherr Andrian Werburg

Viktor Freiherr Andrian Werburg

Max Graf Armansperg

Georg Ashton

Louis Assn

Hans Auer

Hans Aulmann