News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Generalleutnant Philipp Christian Theodor Conrad von Schubert (1847--1924)

Your generalleutnant joined in 1865 the 7 th Pioneer Bataillon as One Year Volunteer , in 1866 he was Unteroffizier and took part inside the 7th Bon in the Austro Prussian War . in november 1867 he was Sekondeleutnant , 13  of July 1872 Premierleutnant , 11 of july 1879 Hauptmann, 17 of April 1888 Major ,18 of April 1893, Oberstleutnant, 20 of May 1896 Oberst, 3 of July 1899 Generalmajor, 12 of September 1912 Generalleutnant , He was pensioned in 1903 . In January of 1899 he was elevated to the Hereditary Nobilty . after the retirement he entered in Politic and was a member of the Prussian Landtag until 1918

8 hours ago, 03fahnen said:

Good morning gentlemen, Here I share what I have from the General of "Soldatisches Führertum"

Generalleutnant Philipp Christian Theodor Conrad von Schubert 10001.jpg

Generalleutnant Philipp Christian Theodor Conrad von Schubert 10002.jpg

Generalleutnant Philipp Christian Theodor Conrad von Schubert 1000.jpg

Generalleutnant Philipp Christian Theodor Conrad von Schubert 10000.jpg

Good Morning! Is it possible for you to find his brother Generaloberst Adolf Louis Theodor Richard von Schubert in the same book? I would be very thankful. Maybe correct: Richard Theodor Ludwig Leopold von Schubert?

Edited by Deutschritter

I pretty much have Richard von Schubert's awards up to 1911, and I also have a few for WW I. I'm sure I am missing some, does anyone know more? Here my short list:

Wiederholungsspange (1914) zum Eisernen Kreuz II. Klasse (1870)

Eisernes Kreuz (1914), I. Klasse für die Kämpfe an der Aisne

Pour le Mérite am 28. August 1916 als General der Artillerie und Kommandierender General des XXVII. Reserve-Korps bei der 4. Armee

Schwerter zum Großkreuz des Roten Adlerordens

Schwarzer Adler-Orden am 11. oder 20. März 1917

Verwundetenabzeichen (1918) in Schwarz

Richard von Schubert.png

Edited by Deutschritter

4 hours ago, Deutschritter said:

Richard von Schubert.png

Astounding the difference a uniform can make. One looks like an officer from the past, and the other one looks like my grandpa. It is sometimes hard to believe that these grandees and generals were mere mortals like us. 

Once I read the memories of a Chilean General  in active during the twenties and thirties of the XX Century and a sentence expresed by him remained in my memory. When we retired we were obliged to the wear of civilian cloths and always i felt myself as disguised