News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ID Bavarian general ww1 - please help!

Hi all! I just got a highly interesting little group of pictures all showing the same man of generals rank. Unfortunately there is no indication to his name. They came as part of a larger group of post cards, presumably in part belonging to a bavarian officer of lower rank, but I am trying to figure that out at the moment. So I hope that the name of this general may help me finding "the man" while digging through all those post cards, names, dates...

Pictures 1 and 5-6 were taken during a visit of the emperor in the Bukovina (Romania / Ukraine)

In picture 2 he is seen walking behind - I guess - King Ludwig III. of Bavaria

Nr. 4 seems to show him at the front getting reports

Oh, Nr. 56 seem to show a small cross of an order on his breast - perhaps the Militär Max Joseph Orden? And he seems to have been very tall.

I really appreciate your help!

Cheers ArHo

DSC06287.JPG

DSC06290.JPG

DSC06292.JPG

DSC06294.JPG

DSC06296.JPG

DSC06297.JPG

3 hours ago, ArHo said:

DSC06297.JPG

I don't believe the cross in this picture to be the MMJO. It is too big and it doesn't have the maltese cross-shape of the MMJO. Maybe a RAO3 given the white enamel? Could be some kind of commander-grade decoration.

Kind regards, Laurentius

A bit too blurry to make any more constructive comment. But it was Jehlin and I have seen this event being dated as taking place in 1917 with Bavarian 8th Res Div parade.

2nd pic on extreme left  was Walter v Walderstötten, Gen Adj of König Ludwig III

5th pic second left next to v Jehlin was v Conta Kmdr of Karpathen Korps. Second right next to Kaiser Wilhelm was Austrain FM Kövess

Thanks

Edited by freiherr

12 minutes ago, freiherr said:

A bit too blurry to make any more constructive comment. But it was Jehlin and I have seen this event being dated as taking place in 1917 with Bavarian 8th Res Div parade.

2nd pic on extreme left  was Walter v Walderstötten, Gen Adj of König Ludwig III

5th pic second left next to v Jehlin was v Conta Kmdr of Karpathen Korps. Second right next to Kaiser Wilhelm was Austrain FM Kövess

Thanks

Freiherr’s ID looks to be correct: http://prussianmachine.com/diva/jehlin.htm 

Kind regards,

Sandro

Hi Simi, 

That occurred to me, too, but he is not listed as a recipient in Die Theresienritter im Weltkriege, nor on the web. I'll have a look at other resources as time permits.

Kind rergards, 

Sandro

Hi to all and thank you very much for all your input - I really appreciate that!

This will help me a lot with my further search...

Best regards, ArHo