News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Friendship

Nice low order number!! I would have the same guess for the year of issue!

Thanks a lot Paul.

Apart from Shishkov & Muzalevsky, and of course the Mondvor site (but both the long time it takes to download and the fact it's in Russian don't really help... :( ) are there any other data bases where to check for these dates of issue?!

Thanks again,

Dolf

Guest Darrell

Anyone else have anything to add to Alfred's comments above? There are definitely two different versions posted on this thread. You can see what Albert showed, but also look at the reverse setup. Different sized rivets, different shape around the edges to the big silver star as well as a different "neck" to the suspension loop. Mine is skinny most of the others are tapered or fatter in appearance :unsure:

I have asked Alexei to maybe point out some characteristics or offer some of his thoughts.

Edited by Darrell

I have no idea, Darrel! :unsure:

Andreas is the one who has a fantastic sharp eye to detect all these microscopic details :o;)

Apparently mine has those "noses" Andreas mentions above, and apparently larger rivets on the reverse too, as you mentioned, but I just don't know why others look different!

Yeah, hope Alexei will be able to help, that would be great!

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

Here is my Order of Friendship s/n 12.937.

The scans are not very good, tomorrow I will take better pictures with the digi cam.

But you can see the two little noses at the corn ear on the left and right side.

regards

Andreas

Guest Darrell

Well there is obviously two different variations posted here. Was there two makers with these two different types. It's been hashed to death over at WAF, by some pretty respectable guys.

I'd really like others to add to this. Don;t hold back for my sake. What's your take? Two makers?

Edited by Darrell