News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Friendship

Guest Darrell

Nice Paul. These are georgeous awards. Also been a record "Show Yours" posts today :jumping:

Here's mine.

Obverse:

Edited by Darrell

Guest Darrell

Also (as many are aware) the pendant is made from 4 different pieces all held together with rivets.

Edited by Darrell

Thanks guys! I love these threads!!! Darrell, nice low number on yours !!! What is the award date?

Paul

Riley,

Thanks for your compliments!! If you are going to get one, get one now.... I am suprised at the rate these things are going up!!! There are some that I wish I had bought... but will now never be able to afford...(Alexander Nevski Orders were going for 400 dollars... I turned them down because I was after quantity at the time... I was 21 years of age. Go figure!).

Guest Darrell

Thanks guys! I love these threads!!! Darrell, nice low number on yours !!! What is the award date?

Paul

Riley,

Thanks for your compliments!! If you are going to get one, get one now.... I am suprised at the rate these things are going up!!! There are some that I wish I had bought... but will now never be able to afford...(Alexander Nevski Orders were going for 400 dollars... I turned them down because I was after quantity at the time... I was 21 at the time. Go figure!).

Unfortunately it did NOT come with an award booklet :( , however based on a database of entries, it would be about between AUGUST 1981 thru JANUARY 1982.

Yours would be on ~ May 1985 - May 1986

Edited by Darrell

Guest Darrell

Mine was awarded in 1989.

I am sorry that I forgot to state that earlier.

Ok ... Guess I need to delete that database :violent::blush:

Guest Alanirvine

[attachmentid=36494]

Reverse of the Friendship.

I think that I bought this one at a flea market in the Ulkraine a few years ago.

Alan

Guest Darrell

Hello,

I noticed an interesting detail. I always thought, that original orders have these little noses at the corn ear.

Are there two versions?

regards

Andreas

I'm pretty sure there is Andreas. You can tell by the reverse set up on the ones above.

One of the most complex designs on Soviet Orders indeed!

Here is mine, S/N 5099. Any idea of a possible date of issue?

According to Shishkov & Muzalevsky, # 4555 would date from 1979, then they jump to # 6405-21172, from 1981. Should I conclude that mine is from 1980?

Obverse.

Dolf