News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here are some unofficial awards in various conditions. I don't know much about them or even if the ribbons are correct.

Eastern front cross

Argonne cross

Somme cross

Verdun cross

Champagne cross

Tony

These Veteran's Crosses from the "Anything Goes" 1920's were all banned when the Honor Cross was instituted in 1934/35. There are few exceptions notably the Baltic Cross & Silesian Eagle.

These types of awards are quite desirable, hard to find in decent condition and sought after heavily by the niche of collectors who like them!! The awrd documents and ribbon bars are pretty nice looking as well! Here's some mounted on a ribbon bar:

Rick,

Do you think my Argonne cross has the correct ribbon?

The other ribbons seem to be the same colour as the crosses.

Tony

I haven't seen a lot of these, but all that I have seen are color-coordinated. Looking at it up close and personal, does it look like it might have faded?

--Chris

Here ia another one of those unofficial awards.  This one is from Wurttmeburg.  Not sure if this is the correct ribbion as I have seen it with other ribbons.  Mike

Actually, the red and black ribbon on this bar is the correct ribbon for that decoration:

467ea32b.jpg

--Chris

• 1 year later...

Hey Tony ,not sure if this is a real old thread or not but anyways where did you find those crosses??? Ive been looking for these for some time now

Eric

Hello Eric,

I picked them up ages ago, late 80s early 90s. They came from flea markets and dealers but none of them were bargains.

Mind you, I haven't seen one for quite a while now.

Tony