News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Charles III-- French Made Star by Kretly

Graf

• 2 months later...

Sure enough, it was made by the Spaniards themselves, and looked like a "loser" from the back. The solder joints are all leaking on the surface

PS:I have been confused about the difference between the Charles III order and the Isabella order and the Spanish civil order? Are these three orders not all civil? Was the reason for the decline of the Kingdom of Spain because of the establishment of too many orders, which ran out of the silver robbed from the Inca Empire. .

• 2 weeks later...
    On 24/10/2021 at 13:23, 1812 Overture said:

Sure enough, it was made by the Spaniards themselves, and looked like a "loser" from the back. The solder joints are all leaking on the surface

PS:I have been confused about the difference between the Charles III order and the Isabella order and the Spanish civil order? Are these three orders not all civil? Was the reason for the decline of the Kingdom of Spain because of the establishment of too many orders, which ran out of the silver robbed from the Inca Empire. .

Three civil orders of three different centuries, each king wanting to leave his mark...

• Order Charles III: The Royal and Distinguished Spanish Order of Carlos III was established by the King of Spain Carlos III, by Royal Decree of September 19, 1771 to bestow hose people who have stood out especially for their good actions for the benefit of Spain and the Crown. Since its creation, it is the most distinguished civil decoration that can be awarded in Spain. Although it is within the category of Military Orders since its creation, it formally became a civil order in 1847.
    • Order Isaballa the Catholic: The Royal and American Order of Isabella the Catholic was created by the King Fernando VII on March 14, 1815, in order to «To reward the proven loyalty to Spain and the merits of Spanish and foreign citizens for the good of the Nation and especially in those exceptional services rendered in favor of prosperity of the American and overseas territories ”. By Royal Decree of 26 July 1847 this Order was reorganized, taking the name of the Royal Order of Isabella the Chatholic.
    • Civil Merit order: The Order of Civil Merit was established by King Alfonso XIII of Spain in 1926. The order recognizes "the civic virtue of officers in the service of the Nation, as well as extraordinary service by Spanish and foreign citizens for the benefit of Spain.

On 16/08/2021 at 15:59, Graf said:

Order of Charles III-- French Made Star by Kretly

P1030184.JPG

P1030180.JPG

On 24/10/2021 at 12:38, 1812 Overture said:

psc.thumb.jpg.4fbb4a5d5034f231f2e2fe386d8b8bb1.jpg1595632410_psc(1).thumb.jpg.e1017e5138f6f738524b64a7b7612d23.jpg

Please help me find out where my order comes from? Native Spain? 130.73 kB · 0 downloads

I feel that my order-making time should be earlier than Mr. Graf's.

If I'm not mistaken, both breast stars are from the category called "Numbered Commander":

It is granted to citizens who, having provided notable services to Spain, had the Commandar for more  than three years, or meet the requirements for the Grand Cross but do not hold or have held any of the  positions to receive it. Their clear connection to the Grand Cross means that their number is also limited to two hundred.

Cheers

GM1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi GM1,

Thank you for the information.

Spain Orders were not my main collector interest, however i am fascinated by the beauty of the Order of the Charles III Stars and crosses They are real master pieces

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

to contribute to this interesting thread, I would like to post a French-made star of Grand Cross, made by the french jeweler Peck-Olivier; a firm that worked between 1827 and 1837, when the activity was taken over by Justin Marret, who continued under his own name as "Marret, Fabricant d’ordres" the production, until 1844.

The overall quality is extremely fine and accurate; the centre medallion is made of gold with chiseled details and the enamel-work is truly beautiful.

Carlo III Avers.jpg

Carlo III Revers.jpg

Hi Elmar Lang,

Thank you for listing

This is stunning Star and to have it in such good condition is remarkable!.

Also this is a quite rare maker - additional bonus for the Star and the collector